Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS season 22

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by sbrnsmith, Feb 17, 2016.

1. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

Well, either way they need to stop because it's disgusting.

IndyLady likes this.
  2. DerekWeb

DerekWeb Well-Known Member

unfortunately, disgusting sells.

3. Dr Dance

Dr Dance Well-Known Member

I agree. It stinks.

MaggieMoves likes this.
  4. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

I Lol'd through Kim and Sasha's segment with Bruno bouncing up and down- what can I say, I love the judges!

5. sbrnsmith

I love Bruno- that's all

6. sbrnsmith

Thank god someone put Mischa out of her misery- but poor Artem

IndyLady and nikkitta like this.
  7. sbrnsmith

I was also totally weirded out by Wanya dancing to the national anthem.... What the f was that? Why wasn't audience standing? And what was up with Lindsey's dress? Upside down cleavage, underboob and a string holding it together?

IndyLady likes this.
  8. davedove

davedove Well-Known Member

Yeah, I expected her to go, especially after her meltdown last week. However, this week she seemed to be having more fun (or at least acting that way).

9. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I did not get the national anthem thing at all.

10. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

I remember this one, but clearly there is no comparison to what was danced last night

Phil Owl likes this.
  11. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

I was hanging out with a neighbor, switching between Lucifer (if you're not watching, get involved) and DWTS, and Mischa's and Wanya's dances were all we caught. I thought I was imagining things until my neighbor turned to me and incredulously exclaimed, "Are they dancing to the national anthem?!" And all I could say was, "yeah, national anthem...but where's the rest of her dress?"

I did LOVE the dress, but it may not have been the most appropriate given the circumstances.

So what was it? The year Boyz II Men performed at the Super Bowl? (Didn't see the package or the show yet, so I'm guessing.)

But Artem...sigh. I did get the impression that he was really trying hard with Mischa, but she just wasn't receptive to it and he didn't know what to do with her anymore. I've always thought he's such a gentleman and having Mischa made me like him better (not that I ever disliked him). Oh, well. At least she cracked a smile during last night's dance.

12. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Closing ceremony of the Atlanta Olympics.

13. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Yea... the national anthem is definitely an interesting choice of songs to dance to. I still think they're the best couple on the floor.

I still don't see what the fuss about Nyle and Peta is. He looked as rushed in the Rumba as he did in the Tango, which clearly was mostly lacking in feel. I still see it as mostly a choreography problem. It worked well in their Cha Cha but nothing else so far.

Keo and Jodie's "foxtrot" was just that... a "foxtrot." It was a little bit of foxtrot mixed with contemporary in between. She has a lot more potential and I think could have blown people away with a standard foxtrot.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  14. DerekWeb

DerekWeb Well-Known Member

Doug Flutie is NOT and "NFL Legend." He is possibly a college football legend. He was too short for the NFL and had to go to the Canadian League.

15. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

He made it to the NFL eventually and had a perfectly respectable career there. Only one pro bowl though, so his fame was more about his story than anything else, admittedly.

16. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

Damn DerekWeb, way to be a buzzkill.

Either way, all of my neighbors who I've asked do know Doug...and as we're all in our 20s, I don't think they'd know him from his college years.

17. sbrnsmith

Did not care for having Zendaya as guest judge.

This is Keo's 4th season- he was eliminated 1st, 2nd and then 1st. Not sure why he keeps coming back- DWTS has got rid of better pros such as Dmitry, but keep bringing Keo back. I liked him at first, but he needs to up his game. He has a partner with a decent chance.

18. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Keo is letting her down and it's too bad as he himself is a skilled Latin dancer and has a great personality. But not a choreo genius for sure

19. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Dmitry was just a maks knockoff that's why he didn't last

20. sbrnsmith

Dmitry was quiet and un-assuming. He didn't have Maks bad boy, drama generating personality that is larger than life- and the show is a show- they need drama and ratings- they get that with someone like Maks- speaking for myself, I enjoyed Dmitry- and he's not bad to look at either....
    Even more WTF show with Keo being given chance after chance...and speaking of pros that are gone, where's Tristan? I liked him too