Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS season 22

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by sbrnsmith, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Back to England's version.

MaggieMoves likes this.
  2. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

Quite frankly, I think Keo is still around to appeal to the ethnic audience. Ya know, to have someone they can relate to. It does make you feel a way when something is as whitewashed as ballroom dance is.

3. davedove

davedove Well-Known Member

The switch pairings have been announced for next week:

Jodie Sweetin and Val Chmerkovskiy – Paso Doble

Nyle DiMarco and Sharna Burgess – V. Waltz

Paige VanZant and Sasha Farber – Rumba

Ginger Zee and Mark Ballas – Salsa

Wanya Morris and Witney Carson – Tango

Antonio Brown and Karina Smirnoff – Cha Cha

Von Miller and Lindsay Arnold – Jive

Kim Fields and Keo Motsepe – V. Waltz

Doug Flutie and Peta Murgatroyd – Tango

I'm looking forward to see how Jodie does with Val, and I think pairing Nyle and Sharna is good.

MaggieMoves likes this.
  4. davedove

davedove Well-Known Member

And the last I heard he may not be doing that show either. I think he's getting tired of it all. Especially since he and his wife just had a baby girl.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  5. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

I was hoping Nyle would get Karina, but he'll do fine with Sharna and hopefully Antonio stops looking like a douche. I think Peta actually will do very well with Doug. But Lindsay, I think, will make Von look way better than Witney has. OOH, I'm quite looking forward to Sasha and Paige and Mark and Kim! I've been loving Sasha as a pro - he's definitely learned a lot from Derek - and Mark has been just great this season (all others too, but he doesn't always seem like he's enjoying it).

6. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Keo- oh my- I'm no expert but even to me it appears he let down his partner with the so-called Vienniese waltz.

I absolutely hated Karinas costume

Mark needs to lose the man bun

And in what universe is having Maks as a guest judge fair and balanced- with his brother and fiancé as Pros

7. Mr 4 styles

Karina looked hawwwtttt

theAnnelis likes this.
  8. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

I LOVED Karina's look last night! It was very JLo in Vegas and she worked the crap out of it.

And Maks was...let's just say I never want to see that again.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  9. sbrnsmith

We can agree to disagree- I hated Karinas look- she doesn't need to get all raunchy and sexy- she's Karina!

10. Mr 4 styles

Karina. Awesome

Sexy karina epically awesome! !!

11. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Wanye looked off, I was a bit disappointed by his performance. It looked like a connection issue.

Jodie actually looked great... in spite of the awful song choice for the Paso.

Karina looked great in the Cha Cha... Antonio didn't.

theAnnelis and Mr 4 styles like this.
  12. sbrnsmith

I laughed till I cried watching Mark as Austin Powers:)

theAnnelis and Mr 4 styles like this.
  13. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

I've seen Jean-Marc do Austin Powers a few times... Mark did it justice too.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  14. Mr 4 styles

That was the part mark was meant to play. Paige could win it all

sbrnsmith and theAnnelis like this.
  15. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I really do like Paige. She has a little prior training, sure, but she also has a sweet attitude. Not getting the Ginger love, really, I mean, she seems okay, but I'm not enthralled.

16. Mr 4 styles

I like her. But I always have :inlove:

17. MaggieMoves

Really loved Mark and Paige's routine. Was definitely the highlight of the night for me.

Wanye was great again, but he's clearly stronger in the Latin dances than standard.

I didn't really feel the Mask routine with Nyle and Peta. When I thought of that movie it was definitely "Cuban Pete" that stands out the most.

GJB and Mr 4 styles like this.
  18. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

Mark and Paige and Wanya and Lindsay are my life.

I didn't think Nyle's quickstep was as bad as everyone said...but that's just me. Then again, while I love Nyle, I don't like that he has some of the same problems that everyone else does, i.e. posture/carriage/frame, and never gets called out on them. He did a great job with the character, though - I kept forgetting I was not actually watching The Mask.

I didn't know anyone ACTUALLY liked Ginger. I just thought she's getting...ya know, help. i.e. premiere night, she's the only one whose friend/work colleague got interviewed. So transparent.

IndyLady likes this.
  19. MaggieMoves

I think the Ginger factor is really the Val factor to be honest. ;)

Wanye and Nyle both have the Foxtrot this week, and I don't think either will perform as well in it.

Paige might be the best all around celebrity this season...

IndyLady and Mr 4 styles like this.
  20. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

CHUUUUURRRRRCCCCCCHHHHHH. But the two are not mutually exclusive ;) "they" who do the casting did end up giving him a partner who works on one of their biggest shows...

That makes me think that this means one is gonna get lambasted and the other is gonna get lauded.

YAAAAASSSSS. And she ended up being way more likable than I thought she'd be. She's so versatile!

IndyLady and MaggieMoves like this.