Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS Season 9 Finale

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by TinyDancer109, Nov 23, 2009.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

i am happy with the result

2. etp777

etp777 Active Member

I am not a fan of these results

3. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

And they called it puppy love!

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

used to sing that and "paper roses" in the mirror for hours....:)

5. DancinDrea19

DancinDrea19 New Member

I missed tonight's show but heard and I am SO happy!!I love, love , love donny! My mom freaked out too cause her favorite song of his was the one he sang! He deserved it!:D:D

6. etp777

etp777 Active Member

are you even old enough to know who Donny is? ;) sorry, Jk. just not a fan. :)

7. DancinDrea19

DancinDrea19 New Member

easyyy there ;) & yes I'm old enough to know him! He's cute even though he could be my dad..haha:eek::cool:

8. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

I had purple socks!
    (bummed that he didn't put that in one of his routines)

9. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

I'm happy with this result. Donny is awesome. :cool:

10. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

Heck...reruns, youtube, tvland :p You dont have to be "old enough" to know who he is;)

11. Unju

Unju New Member

I don't think I've ever seen kelly smile more than she has on DWTS. It's really sweet, I think :)

12. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

Agree! Internet solves lots of problem.....

13. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

YAY Donny!!!!

I am not surprised by the result... at the end of the day, it is a popularity contest... Donny came off as far more likable than Mya in many pple's opinions...

14. Beto

Beto Active Member

I was happy with Donny winning as well and also because it's a win for Kym. Mya's previous choreography experienced probably worked against her and I also got the sense that we got to see more of Donny's true personality come out. With Mya she always seemed a bit guarded in the pre-performance packages.

15. bjp22tango

bjp22tango Active Member

Yes, in real life, a less talented but more charismatic person will win over the more talented, but less charismatic person.

Communication ability is just as important as the technical skills.

And we've seen it happen time and time again on DWTS

When you have someone who has the talent AND the charisma, SUPERSTAR

16. RickRS

RickRS Member

All this just to one up his sister! ;)

Great that Kym got her partner to the top. She worked hard and I'm glad for her. She's become a favorite of mine over the seasons.

I hope Louis get to the top next season. His work with Kelly has really shone. Hoping he gets some more work with SYTYCD this season, as well!

17. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

I'm glad that Donny won! Yay for people...of a certain age!

Besides, for all of Mya's technical prowess, she and Dmitry never seemed emotionally connected in the same way that Donny and Kelly were with Kym and Louis.

18. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

YAYYY FOR DONNY!!! :banana:

and although I am 23 myself, I am really happy that he proved that those who are middle-aged can still give a run to the younger contestants (AND win). :)

19. RickRS

RickRS Member

Lot of filler on the show. They did try to make it entertaining, but some was very lame.

Mark "Iron Chef" Dacascos' was likely the best of the extended performances of the dance filler. Aaron was good, but his dance time was much shorter. The dance-off between Michael Irwin and Jerry Rice fell apart toward the end when Michael dropped Anna when they were supposed to spin their partners sitting on the floor. Of course, it was all in fun so the judges pretended it haven't happened and handed out the Ballroom Superbowl rings to both.

What happened to Tom Delay? After all the build-up, that was a very lame 2-step.

So, no more DwtS until Spring. I guess Spring means first week of March?

20. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm 31 and I knew who he was--in fact I saw him in Joseph when the show came to Detroit!

Quite pleased, especially for Kym and Louis. I also came in with little/no preconcieved notions about Kelly except knowing who her parents are (and being too young to really remember Ozzy in his...heyday...and having only seen them on places like talk shows, I didn't have a hugely negative impression of them, either) and was pleasantly surprised--she got out of dancing a lot of things you're supposed to get, like confidence, poise, and improved self-image.

Mya...she's pretty, she's technically good, she's boring and did nothing spectacularly good. Though I don't get the negative personality vibes from her some people do.

And can we permanently replace Samantha with Miss Piggy? Please?