Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS Season 9 Finale

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by TinyDancer109, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

That would have been awesome!

I loved the martial arts "fight" with Mark and Chuck. It was exciting to watch.

2. Me

Me New Member

Mya is the better dancer, but I was glad to see Donny win because, as much as I hate to admit it, I simply could not stand Mya's personality on the floor. Her performances seemed excessively self-loving and smug. I know some people thought of her as very sexy and very confident, but her performances never rubbed me that way. (Apologies to the Mya fans.)

3. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

haha, i am not defending Mya & Dima because i am not a Mya fan anyway but.... hahaha, i find that pretty hypocritical considering the disappointing freestyle he choreographed for Mel in the finals. It was a mess - just a bunch of step sections that had no connection or flow to each other. I think that was the dance that broke them.

4. Me

Me New Member

So... does anybody else think that Louis' heart grew two sizes this season? [​IMG]

5. TinyDancer109

Agreed.

6. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

Hope so.....

7. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Did they fix all of the "live television" snafus for the other time zones? Hilarious.

8. marianya

marianya New Member

If I remember correctly either Louis or Kelly said that originally Kelly was to be paired with Mark Ballas and Melissa Joan Hart to be paired with Louis. Before the couples were announced Kelly went to the producers and said that she's going to be married soon and away from her fiancee so she needs a pro that's going to kick her butt and not someone that she's going to be able to wrap around her finger.

When she found out who she was originally going to be paired with and who she ultimately ended up with, she was more than thrilled... because she felt that with Mark she would be able to get away with anything and that's not what she needed.

If I could find the article that talks about this I'll post it.

9. TAK

TAK Member

Haha, ironic then that Louis ended up being so touchy-feely this season!

10. TinyDancer109

Do you mean Kelly is engaged or she felt she was "getting to that age" where she will be soon?

11. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

kelly is engaged but they are having a long engagement...

12. TinyDancer109

wow, her fiance is a good sport for not minding all the kissing she and louis do and the "i love you's" they say lol

13. marianya

marianya New Member

According to the article, she's engaged, her fiancee lives with her.

It's a TV Guide article:
    - TVGuide.com: What would it mean for you to win, knowing where you were 10 months ago?
    Osbourne: More than winning, to make it to the final, to share that with Louis and know all of our hard work would've paid off, it would be the most fantastic thing in the world for me. I had two left feet and was a tomboy, and I can be graceful now.
    Van Amstel: Getting that trophy, that's all a façade and popularity, but the story is the journey. It's so sentimental, but I keep referring to the movie Miracle. This journey is exactly like that. To make it to the finals, it's like beating the Russians and in the final, we'll become Olympic champions. In the beginning, you didn't know who's going to be cast, who's going to team up? I was going be with Melissa [Joan Hart]. Mark [Ballas] was going to be with her. We didn't know that, but we found out afterward.
    Osbourne: I went to the producers two days before [rehearsals started], not knowing who I had, and said, "Look, I'm getting married. I have a fiance who lives with me, I'm going to spend a lot of time away. I'm going to need somebody that's a little more mature and somebody I can't wrap my finger around." As much as I love Mark and I've seen the way he works, I can get him wrapped around my finger and I wouldn't do s---. I can't get away with anything with Louis!

There you have it folks!...

14. TAK

TAK Member

She also talked about it on the Good Morning America interview this morning, actually.

15. TinyDancer109

thanks for sharing! interesting to note.

16. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

Kinda..... interesting, isn't it?

17. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

Thank you for posting this!!!! I think she made the right decision. :p

18. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

I said the same thing to my mother last night! Miss Piggy would be an awesome replacement for Samantha.

19. contracheck

contracheck New Member

I am not sure about Louis's heart, my respect and admiration for his conduct as a coach and a senior statesman for other dance pros grew many-folds. He is not a flashy man with glitzy costumes, shiny hair, or flambuoyance, but his mild mannered steady dedication to this program has slowly shown up finaly. It has taken many yrs for me to see his true human core. His treatment of Kelly to me -kissing or embracing, etc- was parental rather than sexual. His fellow pros look to me were also paying great respect to him. It looks to me sretams of tears flowing out of his eyes last night, but I wasn't sure if it was tears or sweat.

20. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

He was crying. He looked a little embarrassed about it and was trying to hide. Cripes, *I* was almost crying, and she didn't even win. Who knew Kelly would turn out this way?