Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS - Week 10 - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Bradamant, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Bradamant

Bradamant Member

Starting the thread because I have spoilers for what will be danced in the final.

S

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

Mario will be dancing a Paso, a samba and a freestyle.
    Emmitt will dance a Mambo, a samba and a freestyle.
    The music for both sambas will be the same.
    I'm not sure I like this setup. I initially heard that they would be dancing two different dances to the same music (which sounded like it would mean not the best, most authentic music - unless one dance was to be WCS, because, heck, I've been known to dance West Coast to any music I'm given. :) ) I don't think this set up will do Emmitt any favors.

2. marianya

marianya New Member

No... it wouldn't... but it would give Cheryl the chance to work her killer choreography magic again....

Either that or the producers are "begging" for Mario to win so Cheryl doesn't do back to back championships....

3. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

What?? No ballroom AT ALL in the finals??

I definitely love latin a whole lot, but even so: hmph.

4. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

I'm with you on this one. There should be ballrom in the final round. Don't like this setup at all. Should be interesting...

5. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Bummer. No planned smooth/standard.

6. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

What a hoot if Cheryl is part of the victories for two seasons in a row.

7. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Just a thought...do you think if she won again this season they would not ask her to come back for the next season?

8. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

I think if she were to come back next season, they'd give her the Tucker Carlson of the group, or at the very least, the Jerry Springer/George Hamilton of the group.

9. Bradamant

Bradamant Member

More spoilers

Mario will be dancing to Stevie Wonder's "Sir Duke." God, I hope "the music director" isn't foisting that on the public as a samba. Eeek. Or Paso. Double EEEK. I pray that it is for Mario's freestyle. Very jazzy - right up his previous training alley. The DWTS singers are going to butcher it like they do everything else.:headwall:

10. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Why?

11. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Emmitt was on the front page of today's Dallas paper, together with an endorsement for the local studio wherehe and Cheryl sometimes practiced. Woohoo! :banana: :D

12. reb

reb Active Member

What flashed through my mind is that Paso is a man's dance - lots of macho shaping and Karina can dance up a storm around him and they'll look good, with no opportunity for goofy-guy-arms or a poor frame to show up.

Whereas in mambo, both partners have to be able to . . . dance! And it's a fight between the music and the dancer to boot.

Emmitt will have such a good time and do a good job that it will be contagious and the audience will catch it.

13. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

I believe that the "same music" dance was selected so you could pick any of three or four dances to do to it - they just both happened to select samba. "Sir Duke" probably fits that characterization (at least in the eyes of the DWtS music directors) - samba, mambo, maybe jive, maybe quickstep.

14. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

That's another song I love...and hate to see butchered.

15. Beto

Beto Active Member

Wow :shock: 22 hours since the last post and tonight's the finale? I guess everyone's too excited to type? ;)

16. marianya

marianya New Member

More like... too busy getting ready for the Ohio Star Ball to realize that the finale's today...... :p

17. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

If there's anybody left on the West Coast, I've posted a WC chat thread.

18. ArtsySalsera

ArtsySalsera New Member

Maybe it's that everyone knows the outcome but then again that's never stopped the DF from talking.

19. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

we are anxiously awaiting tonight and/or ran out of things to say. lol!

does anyone know how this season's finale is going to work? they have already changed it up a little...just wondered if they are going to do the results show tomorrow night or wait until next week, like they did last season. anyone know?

20. DancerForLife

DancerForLife Member

Well - Larry King on Sunday night's Larry King Show made fun of the fact that the finale will take place on Tuesday with the results show being on Wednesday (he said something like 'milk it... milk it' :), was actually quite funny), so I think the results show will be this week.

The Larry King Show was pretty good - Monique, Jerry, Mario and Emmit were there and talked for quite a while; then Larry brought judges in - Carry Ann etc. - was good... I was surprised how much airtime it all got.