Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS - Week 10 - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Bradamant, Nov 11, 2006.

1. LMWBrooklyn

LMWBrooklyn New Member

I saw this video. I think it was "we got our three tens first" and Cheryl said, "so? we got our three tens second".

It's kind of unfair to Karina because I saw the Karina video clip and she was sort of kidding. Tony Potts congratulated Mario/Karina on their tens and asked how it felt when others then got straight tens and Karina made a hand like an airplane crashing, and made a sad face. But then she said "We got ours first!" but it was a joke.

Tony Potts did not repeat this to Cheryl and Emmitt like it was a joke. He made it like Karina had dissed them, and Cheryl/Emmitt shrugged it off and were "So?" and "We don't need that." Tony was egging them. She really didn't say nyah nyah like a schoolgirl, she was kidding.

So maybe Karina's not popular with the press? And has made more obviously backhanded remarks before, because if she hadn't, this was really a deliberate misconstruction on Tony's part, akin to if he had told Drew Lachey that George Hamilton really did want to break his legs.

2. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I think it's like anything else on reality tv - they need to inject some sort of "drama" or conflict to make it sell.

3. ArtsySalsera

ArtsySalsera New Member

Thanks for clarifying that.
    Whoa, gotta watch out for that press.

4. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

I had a neat perspective of the whole show. I'm a ballroom dancer who lives in Pensacola, FL (Emmitt's hometown) and I happen to work with his sister, Connie. She's a paralegal at my firm. She'd come excited and hash what he'd done the night before and I'd say, "well, he was very clean there" "or I was impressed with this or that." Connie and family powwow'd at a local country club to watch the show and vote in. The whole office was pulling for him. :)

I was VERY impressed with him. He moved so well and seemed to be having a ball the whole time he was on stage.

5. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

TT! Haven't seen you around in awhile. Hope all's well, good to hear from you!

6. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Oooooh. Pics??

7. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

I've been busy and not here. You can usually find me on MySpace though. ;) Have been concentrating more on my other loves, gymnastics and ballet. I still dance ballroom on the weekends. It is so nice to be intermediate/advanced in ballroom being able to be led and comfortable in a social setting.

I'll have to show you the photo from my Halloween costume ball where I went as Marie Antoinette. I was laughing with Darth Vader since he had to raise his arm really high to clear my wig. He said he wouldn't want me to lose my head. ;)

8. kayak

kayak Active Member

Dating Darth Vader is certainly one of those guys you don't tell your parents about for 20 years :)

9. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

I can't find the page that lists the tour participatns and dates. Is Anna Trebunskaya doing the tour? I heard she and Jonathan are no longer dancing together, which came as a HUGE surprise to me, and I am trying to verify some other information I heard?

10. My Ox Is Broken

My Ox Is Broken New Member

Neither Anna nor Jonathan are participating in the tour. Here's a link to the tour information: http://dancingwiththestars.aeglive.com/