Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Dwts - Week 5 - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by alemana, Oct 9, 2006.

1. alemana

alemana New Member

vivica's out. who's next? jerry, now that his sentimental waltz has finally been danced?

2. Beto

Beto Active Member

If there's any justice in this world, and there was on last week's elimination show, Sara will be next.

3. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

I'm worried about Monique--but I think she'd do a pretty good samba, so maybe she'll be OK.

4. marianya

marianya New Member

This week's elimination

Chances are it's going to be a guy.... if you pay attention to all the seasons thus far, it's too coincidental that the elimination happens to be boy girl boy girl (notable exception was the finals of last season where stacy was eliminated first then jerry and finally drew won).

Since the elimination order has been as thus:
    - Tucker (boy)
    - Shanna (girl)
    - Harry (boy)
    - Vivica (girl)

Chances are pretty dang good that it's going to be a guy.... a few problems with that: Joey and Mario are really good and are only picking up speed.... Emmitt and Jerry have massive fan bases.... but I'm seeing either Emmitt or Jerry my (figurative) money's on Jerry.

Though if there is justice in the world I agree with seeing Sara off... though I wouldn't be surprised if it were Monique simply because she doesn't have as strong a fan base as Sara... she's the better dancer though.

5. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

The one thing that Monique has different than the others is that she has the younger audience voting for her. My nieces loved that movie, and it was a big hit really. So, she may have a bigger voting audience than what we think! But I agree with you though, because it could go either way.

6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

But are younger people watching DWTS? It could be a gnat's scrotum difference between Monique and Sara. ;)

7. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Saaaaaaara. The "Paso" did it for me. Showed every weakness she has. She looked like she would fall asleep. Reminded me of a few beginner students I know. Frightened, weak and very insecure steps.

T_E

8. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Please let it be Sara...

9. victordancer

victordancer New Member

vote for monique

no complaints if you don't vote for monique tonight and keep her on the show

10. reb

reb Active Member

Sara and Tony were on tv in the gym last night

11. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

My guess is that it was more widespread than that. ;)

12. alemana

alemana New Member

there were people! dancing in a little box! IT WAS MAGIC!

13. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

We need to give a lot of our votes to Monique, don't you think?

14. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I did think it interesting that they were on FOX news (probably the right channel for her fan base), and there was several mentions of how she had personally been attacked by the judges and that they should just comment on her dancing in a more positive and constructive manner... :roll: (As if it wasn't Tony who, when it was announced they weren't in the bottom two last week, said "Holy $***")

15. reb

reb Active Member

;-)

16. marianya

marianya New Member

I noticed that they cut the audio to that out.... is the show on some kind of time delay since it's suppose to be live? (I don't consider time delays live but that's the rigid/cutthroat side of me talking).

17. slinkyq

slinkyq New Member

2nd that. Check myspace.com, there is no mention of DWTS at all.

18. Beto

Beto Active Member

From Bruno's blog on ABC (seriously though, what is he smoking?? :confused: :confused: I mean, yes, maybe Sara should've gone home first but Vivica HAD TO GO too).

http://blogs.abc.com/brunos_blog/

Reluctant goodbyes to a diva

Shock and shock and amazing shock! What's happening -- has America gone mad? Vivica simply did not deserve to go. Sara didn't give a good performance, while Vivica has been great from the beginning. I guess people are voting as fans and ignoring the people who deserve to stay in. It makes it shockingly unfair, but hopefully they'll wise up as the season continues. I'm not happy at all, as Vivica is somebody who's given so much from day one -- 110 percent -- with a great personality. She's been so great to have backstage, is a fantastic example to kids and I am really upset at her leaving the show. But these things happen, and she's such a star regardless. She exited with her head held high and with such dignity. She's a diva in the best sense of the word.

Watching Jerry, it was really like being at a wedding and watching a lovely father-daughter dance. I was totally convinced of his emotional involvement and think it's his best dance to date. It may not have been the best dance technically but he put total conviction in what he does and always entertains us. Sara is gifted but I get upset with her. She has everything she needs for a great performance, but she doesn't know how to use it. I'm seeing her at 75-80 percent, and I know she can do 100. I tend to be the nicest judge too -- I'm the one that praises you if you give your effort, not like the other two sauerkrauts. But that was half-baked and didn't cut it for me. Really it annoyed me. I'm generally really supportive and try to see the best in every performance, but for those who say she was trying to give it a sense of drama, I must say that drama and gloom are two different things. Drama is emotionally active. Gloomy is an overcast day. I don't think anyone could say she did well because she didn't. But hopefully she'll wake up with the samba next week.

Willa was great. She's improving every week and is just delicious -- just a gorgeous symphony. Being always down in first couple weeks, she's proved herself and is getting better. I'm really pleased for her, and she deserves to stay on. Emmitt was better this week -- he was crumpling last week, but this week his raging bull was full on. I respond to that and appreciate that. I cannot ignore when people do their job properly. Joey and Mario were both el superbo!

We've got the rumba and samba coming up, or the raunchy dance and the party dance, which will either be a recipe for fireworks or total disaster. It's going to be a really full Latin evening and should be great fun. Neither dance can be approached in a laid-back manner -- you really have to go for it. God knows what's going to happen next!

19. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

that was an interesting read - thanks for posting, beto!

20. Beto

Beto Active Member

From Louis van Amstel's blog

http://blogs.abc.com/dancers_diaries/

From Louis Van Amstel, partner of Monique Coleman - October 03, 2006

Sorry I didn't write in my blog last week. I was having problems with computers and my Treo, but I won't bore you guys with the details!
    Monique and I have experienced so many positive things since our mambo and jive. It's so exciting. Between her dramatic jump off the stage and Monique's butt accidentally showing during the jive, we gotten so much press (some, like Jimmy Kimmel, were hilarious) and reactions which we didn't expect. But we are very happily overwhelmed by it. I guess we are not under the radar anymore and have to make sure we stay on top now...no pressure, LOL!

After the super-high energy mambo and the kicking and daring jive I decided to make a 360 degree turn. Since Monique and I had the slow and intimate waltz to do this week, I thought we should be all about the internal this week. Sort of like looking at your own life and going through a spiritual journey to find a purpose. Although expressing your deepest inner feelings without the help of a high energy song or flashy (rule breaking lifts!) choreography is probably the most difficult thing to achieve as a dancer/performer. But Monique ripped herself apart to be so vulnerable and honest with her movement,that I wouldn't be surprised if you would shed a tear while watching her. I did during rehearsal!

Monique is such a joy to work with and although she might be only in her twenties, she understands totally what life is about and what responsibilities come with her career. Never give up, find reason for what you do, be honest, be a good example to others and be respectful of others. Monique is so down to earth and I truly hope you'll be as moved as my mom was when she saw our waltz yesterday.

This week has been so different from the last two weeks. It's hard to explain, but it has been very raw and revealing to both of us,if you know what I mean. It's now 12.50 am Tuesday morning. It's time for me to go to sleep...we've got a long day ahead of us. Waltz time!
    Love,
    Louis

October 03, 2006 | Permalink | Comments (0)

From Louis Van Amstel, partner of Monique Coleman - October 09, 2006

Well,we started this week quite bummed from landing in the bottom two (or at least I did)! The experience of standing there is like dying a slow death. All kinds of things go through your head but the bottom line is you realize how much you actually want to stay in the show. It takes over your entire life and when you are that close to leaving you just don't want to go home.

After a few hours into rehearsal we started to get out of our funk and went full speed into our rumba. I had never even talked about rumba with Monique, but I discovered very quickly that she was loving it and the dance came very naturally to her,so I gave her probably the biggest challenge yet -- our ending! It's a move that only a few pro dancers can do and I used to do it with one of my professional partners.

I won't tell you too much about it,but I am very proud of Monique,not just for being able to do it,but once again having the trust in me that I've got her every step of the way (so I better not drop her!!!)

Although the rumba is a slow dance, I've given Monique a lot of move requiring skills and not just be slow and tender -- which we've had enough of! Hopefully I have gotten you curious enough to tune in to this week's show -- it's definitely going to be hot in the room, and that's a promise!
    Love,
    Louis (XXOO)

October 09, 2006 | Permalink | Comments (0)