Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Dwts - Week 5 - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by alemana, Oct 9, 2006.

1. My Ox Is Broken

My Ox Is Broken New Member

According to this article, ABC's going to air a taped interview with Sara on the Tuesday night show. That makes it sound like she might not even be at the live show in person.

On a related note, Tony and Elena are performing at the Chicago Harvest Moon Ball tonight. For something like that, would the couple just perform something they've already danced before? If Sara was still competing, would Tony have had to take much time away from their training to practice with Elena? Just curious.

2. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

They probably have been working on a routine long before this moment, but that's just a guess. I know with some dancers (just ones I've talked to anyways), they will start on a new routine as soon as the old competition is over with, but of course not everyone is like that. It just depends on how each partnership does things and the situations that arise etc.

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

The top level couples all have a set of show routines in addition to their competition routines. They change their performance routines more often, but almost always have a current set available.

FYI, as far as sceduling, Tony and Elena won the 2006 US National Pro Rhythm title in early Sep., in Hollywood Beach FL, after initial training with the celebrities for season three had already started.

4. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Thanks for answering that question. I kind of wondered that too even with what I was told. It makes sense to do that actually. ;)