Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS - Week 9 - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by SPratt74, Nov 2, 2006.

1. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Ok I'm bored, so I thought I'd start week 9 spoilers! It's Thursday night anyways, so might as well!!! Have fun everyone!!! ;)

2. redhead

redhead New Member

change your siggie... sad huh

3. marianya

marianya New Member

Geez... you must be bored....

Not like I'm much better... since technically I should be working right now...

I hope no one from my company's on this forum too else I'd really be screwed =P

4. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Well, I was at work all day from the early morning on (I have to work this afternoon which is nice since I don't have to open or close and I can spend some time with my SO lol). I come home and relax by playing on the computer before I go out lol. Plus I can't afford dancing lessons this month even though I am working. I'm still going but not like what I should be. That's all the fun of being an adult though let me tell you lol!

I wonder what dances they are doing next week. ;)

5. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

That is the cutest little avatar! Looks like my old cat, Pumpkin.

6. alemana

alemana New Member

yikes, this is early for this thread...

7. ArtsySalsera

ArtsySalsera New Member

Love your avatar, Redhead.

For me, I think all those things you mentioned are what bothered me right off the bat in regards to Mario. I think he can dance his buns off when he wants to but I would like him to dance in another arena. Especially in the first weeks, the attitude of I'm going to come out and wipe up the floor with all the other dancers and take this thing when actually Mario should be on SYTYCD or a DwtS with 5yrs + experience show instead makes me want to root for the underlings. In other words how tacky, to take candy from babies. So it would be cool if one of the others wins, IMO.

8. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. ;)

9. redhead

redhead New Member

oh thank you!
    just to clarify, I'm pro-kitten and anti-gun... not the other way 'round ;)

10. marianya

marianya New Member

Oooooo..... Like that one show with Celebrities on FOX (I think).... Celebrity Duets? They should have a show with Celebrities that had previous dance experience and still keep it up on some level and toss 'em together for a SYTYCD Celebrity Version.... or Dancing with the Stars except the stars are paired together instead of paired with a pro and the pros do the choreography.... oh wait that'll be like an all ballroom version of SYTYCD.

Still I'd like to see that.

11. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Woah. :shock:

And folks are still chatting over on the Week 8 thread, too. :cool:

12. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Hey I know how to keep a conversation going lol! I'm great at parties lol! ;)

13. ArtsySalsera

ArtsySalsera New Member

Yup. That you do and people have much to say still.

Yeah, Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
    I'm writing ABC now and making these suggestions to them
    since I'm off work today. Then I'll write Fox.
    What the heck.

I wrote at these links:
    Abc
    http://abc.go.com/site/contactus.html

Fox
    http://www.fox.com/community/askfox/

14. Ralph

Ralph New Member

Anyone knows what dances they're gonna do?
    There's not much left. A salsa and a viennese waltz maybe?

15. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

It's up to each couple which two they do -- one ballroom & one latin.

16. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

No, they choose two (?) from the previous dances. I think all the dances that were to be done have been done already.

T_E

17. Ralph

Ralph New Member

I think they should have done the viennese waltz in stead of the mambo. The viennese waltz belongs to ballroom dancing. It's a shame they're going to recycle. In think it belongs in the final. Trying to do a dance better. But two weeks of dances that are already danced? It's going to be pretty boring.

18. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Its supposed to be the same "dance" in general terms, e.g. a cha cha, but totally new choreography and costuming, etc.

19. Ralph

Ralph New Member

That's better, but still a shame IMO. They all could have done a viennese waltz and a salsa for example, or an american smooth.

20. My Ox Is Broken

My Ox Is Broken New Member

I agree. It's like they made the season a week too long, and now they're just filling time with recycled dances instead of introducing new stuff. Bummer.