Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS - Week 9 - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by SPratt74, Nov 2, 2006.

1. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

roflol!!!!

Dangerous indeed!

2. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

3. redhead

redhead New Member

It's an Eastern European thing. We are just not huggers. Doesn't mean we are anti-social, simply more reserved. When I came to the US, at first I had the urge to run and brush my teeth every 5 minutes... everyone pretends to be so ridiculously sweet.

4. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

Jonathan and Anna pull off a decent ballroom, don't you think?, not like the two 10-dance couples you mentioned, but not bad.

5. mamboqueen

Aha! But maybe they're just sincere and not *pretending* to be sweet! I actually heard this same thing (what you're saying) from a Russian dancer.

6. Beto

Beto Active Member

I've noticed that among some of my Bulgarian friends. It's a cultural difference that sometimes comes across as conservative, or, your word, reserved.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm very excited for next week's finale. I'm very much an Emmitt fan and not so much a Mario fan because Mario's comments in the behind-the-scenes packages so far have made it clear (or seemingly clear, remember that everything's edited)that he's less concerned about technique and more concerned about wowing the audience. To me that seems disrespectful to ballroom. I will say that I really like Karina and what she's brought to the show (that first cha-cha? WHOA! :shock: ) and I'm hoping she returns next season.

7. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

Weren't most of those commentators from ABC shows?

8. mamboqueen

Can we insert a poll mid-thread? I'm just wondering where everyone is lining up on who will go home with the trophy.

9. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

Remember all those comments in a recent thread that Ashley was getting married and so Karina would be doing the tour with Harry Hamlin? I could no way see Karina wasting her time doing that, and I guess she's not, as Ashley was back last night with Harry.

10. Beto

Beto Active Member

Don't think so. Extra is syndicated and I'm not sure about Rachael Ray. Isn't she on the Food network? Her talk show might be syndicated too but I don't watch those.

11. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

No, the currently competing pros aren't training for the tour yet. I expect that Ashly is working on getting Harry into shape until Karina is done next week.

12. My Ox Is Broken

My Ox Is Broken New Member

I think you're right. I talked with Cheryl's mom at the show on Tuesday, and she said that at this point in the competition, participation in the demos is totally optional.

OT, the comment in the recap about Mario & Karina dancing to Weird Al was a little joke by my hubby.

13. victordancer

victordancer New Member

I'm voting for emmitt. While mario might be a better dancer, i like emmitt's demeanor, apparent work ethic, and the connection he has with Cheryl. T:) ake that trophy back to Texas.

14. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Oh no. I wasn't saying that. What I meant was that Cheryl had already won a DWTS round, and this will put Karina on the edge, because while Cheryl might not be as advanced as Karina is... she still is a previous winner. In other words, Cheryl knows how to get the job done when she needs to, and I bet you anything that Karina is scared of Cheryl more so than she would be of anyone else. (I'd say the same thing about Alec too.) ;)

15. kayak

kayak Active Member

Of course, a TV audience that is 80% women probably didn't hurt Drew :)

16. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Why didn't they have someone dancing West Coast Swing to West End Girls?
    Not a-trick-a-minute kind, just laid back WCS, to show the fun of it.

17. Beto

Beto Active Member

Because that would require creativity from DwtS's producers and since we know they don't have any...well... ;)

18. mamboqueen

I agree. I think women are more likely to vote for men. Of course, why those same women couldn't do the right thing and keep Max and Willa a tad longer.... :shock:

19. bjp22tango

bjp22tango Active Member

I'll be voting for Emmett. I just like the dynamic between him and Cheryl better than that of Mario and Karina, although that Tango last week was VERY GOOD. It was the first time I thought Mario was actually concentrating on dancing with a partner instead of to the audience.

20. Bradamant

Bradamant Member

:cowboy: re: poll
    Emmitt. yeah baby.

I'm not a football fan (if anything, I say "blech! Fie on footballers."). I had no idea who he was before the show. I am smitten beyond all reason -- I don't get smitten with celebs. Ever. (Celebrity? *Yawn*) Emmitt rocks. He is an awesome awesome delightful delightful pizzza pizza.

No really. Big burly manly man sports hero who takes ballroom seriously, works hard at it, and is pretty damn incredible for a total and utter beginner? Leaving it all on the dance floor every week on National TV?
    Score one for our side! (Meaning underappreciated and unknown denizens of the dance kingdom)