Dancers Anonymous > Early Risers Club

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by danceguy, Oct 19, 2003.

1. danceguy

danceguy New Member

HERE YE, HERE YE!

It has recently come to my attention that it will be a very long time before I'm eligible for membership in the Insomniacs R' Us club, if ever. Due to this unfortunate acceptance, I've decided to create a new club that is potentially open to everyone:

The EARLY RISERS CLUB!

The basic rules are quite simple and listed below:

1. You must NEVER go to bed past midnight
    2. You must be in bed by 10 pm (10:30 ok if you brush your teeth first)
    3. You must get up no later than 6 am (later times accepted if you have a really good excuse, details of which shall not be discussed here)

Other criteria that may be substituted for membership:

a) You get to work an hour early to do Tai Chi outside the office
    b) You eat your lunch while you work, then exercise during your lunch break
    c) You get up and go jogging in the morning (riding a treadmill while for sissies, may also be accepted)
    d) You don't own or watch television
    e) You know what cold-water dousing is
    f) You exercise 3 or more times a day (in addition to dance)

Criteria that will most certainly terminate your membership (or bar you from it for life):

a) You go to bed later than an Early Riser wakes up
    b) You start your night out dancing after an Early Riser goes to bed
    c) You work a graveyard shift
    d) You skip breakfast in the morning
    e) All of the local club owners know you by name

Any potentially qualified applicants may reply to this message for consideration.

*Note - Anyone who engages in the practice of Tai Chi, Yoga, Mongolian Throat Singing, Wave Punching or Bellydancing may be able to bypass all of said rules. SueK - If you've ever studied Chen style, then you're already in. :)

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

LOL! SG, I hate to tell you this, but I qualify for membership in both clubs. You see, I'm a true insomniac. In bed by ten 99% of the of the time, and awake again by 1:30. So I'm in bed with the early risers, and up again with the insomniacs. :shock: Your criteria have loopholes. :lol: :lol: What do you have to say to that? :lol: :lol:

Come to think of it, I guess I'll have to wait a few hours for any reply, since, like the good early riser you are, you're probably sleeping away peacefully with visions of Tai Chi dancing in your head! :lol: Good night! :D

3. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

I'm up very early to go running in the morning...well early to me - 6:30. Does this count? I also stay up past ten though. And sometimes my dancing starts after ten. Can I join, oh please please can I huh huh? can i? :wink:

4. Sarah

Sarah New Member

Apparantly I qualify[1], despite only rarely seeing 6am from either side. But then along with Marx, I'm not sure I'd want to belong to any club that would have me as a member.

Cheers
    Sarah

[1] 10 points for guessing correctly ;)

5. danceguy

danceguy New Member

Jenn,

Qualifying for both clubs is most certainly acceptable, and in fact, encouraged! Of course my criteria have loopholes! I in fact will most likely fail membership in my own club, as I can switch from a morning person to nightowl with no problem. But since I invented the Early Risers Club, I can break my own rules. :)

Well, I actually got up at 4:30 am this morning...and that's a tad early even for me. Visions of Tai Chi dancing...hmm...more like beautiful Saleras...yes....zzzzz.......

Oooh, I love sarcasm! :p

I suppose 6:30 is acceptable. Remember, past 10 is ok time to time, but staying up past midnight is not. Hmm, you may join if you answer this one question for me:

Please explain your profile picture that looks like you are eating a license plate...does this have any religious signifigance? I'm curious to know. :)

Sarah - I like how you use the footnotes in your posts! Hmm, but you did not answer which question you guessed correctly???
    Also, I happen to really like the name Sarah, so consider yourself in. :)

Take care,

SG

6. pygmalion

SG. You are a truly wonderful human being, smarty pants comments notwithstanding. :D

And visions of salseras? Oh puleeeeease! :D :lol:

7. danceguy

danceguy New Member

*sniff* :cry: :wink:

Thank you...now I understand why all of the guys here want to marry you! And that's fine, so long as I get to dance with you once at the wedding. :)

I think a better vision would be a lady that enjoys dancing with me! I'm still amazed now that I dance, how many people I meet that don't, never have, or are scared to death of it!

I didn't get to go out Salsa dancing due to some things that came up...but this Friday I'm going Swing dancing come hell or high water! Time to see how much of a fool I can make of myself doing Lindy Hop. :p

SG

8. Sarah

Sarah New Member

I'm in, I'm in! er - hang on......

10 points for anyone guessing correctly under which criterion I qualify ;)

Cheers
    Sarah

9. pygmalion

5:22 AM. Checkin in. :D

10. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

It's a liscence plate frame that says "it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing." I took that picture so I could email it to a friend who wanted to see what it looked like. In the avatar it does sort of look strange and like I'm eating it, lol. But really I'm just sticking my head behind it and pointing. :p

11. danceguy

danceguy New Member

Swingin Boo - That's good enough for me! You're in. :)

Sarah - If you qualify for one of those reasons, that's ok if it's a secret. You're in too. 8)

Jenn - Logging in BEFORE 6 am? Definitely in!!!!!!! :)

I actually got up at 3:30 am this morning...but didn't feel like getting out of bed to turn on my computer.... :oops:

Ok...we're still accepting new members! Jonathan - I'm still waiting.... :D

12. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I'm not sure which club I fit into. I go to sleep about 2 am and wake up about 8 am. :lol:

13. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Ok SG, if I take up yoga this Thursday will that qualify me?

14. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

As a belly dancer I qualify...hooray!!!!

Weeknights...it's bed by 10:30-11:00 p.m. with teeth brushing.
    Weekends...much later...

Weekdays...wakeup by 6:00-6:15 a.m. and am ready for work at least 20 minutes before needing to leave the house in which I usually read.
    Weekend...been getting up around 7:00-8:00 a.m. for errands and membership classes at church.

Exercise...I'm working on it...perhaps I'll have to add yoga to my morning routine and belly/yoga to my evening routine.

Do I qualify???? Please!!!!!! :eek: :shock: :? :D :wink:

15. danceguy

danceguy New Member

Hmm, I believe although technically you would not qualify for the Early Risers Club, being the Admin of this site and putting up with wiseguys like myself entitles you to a special honorary membership.

You're in! :)

Perhaps Jon, but you're not getting in that easy. I will consider your membership if you answer these questions after your yoga class:

1. What style of yoga (hatha, iyengar, bikram, etc)?
    2. Explain the posture called "Downward facing Dog"
    3. What color is your Yoga mat?

Bonus Questions that will result in INSTANT membership:

1. You ask your teacher to teach you the "Dancer's Pose" and can do it without falling over.
    2. Describe the 7 Major Chakras
    3. Be able to perform the Crow pose.
    4. Your teacher has studied with Rodney Yee

DDD,

You certainly more than qualify! I used to sort of hang out with a group of Belly dancers until I made the mistake of asking one out...but I hold no grudge against you others for that folly of mine. Be careful of OVER qualifying though...having more qualifications than the founding member is a sure way to have your membership revoked! :p

Yoga is great for a morning work out. I'm still confused as to why no one does Mongolian Throat Singing though...anyone? Wave punching? No dice I see. :cry:

SG

16. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the double standard SG...Site Admin is in by default and Site Moderator has to jump through hoops! :wink:

Anyway, several of the yoga classes offered at my gym don't list a style but the ones that do list them as hatha yoga. Being not entirely novice I can already tell you that downward dog essentially creates a trriangular shape with your feet and hands on the ground, your hips at the apex, and the body striving for elongation both through the legs and arms/shoulders. And, FYI, my yoga matt is blue. So there...

17. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

ok so it's not that early, but I have already been up, gone for a run, showered, and had breakfast. So I'll check in now.

18. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

LOL this is all very funny.

I know I haven't posted in the last couple of days that's because I've been going to bed around 9 and getting up around 4:30 to get to school early to get my work done.

Plus I know and occasionally practice Tai Chi (Cheng short form)-- I don't do it as much I'd like.

So what's the verdict? :lol:

19. danceguy

danceguy New Member

My dear, with a schedule like that...what can I say? I'm speechless! :p

Hmm, by "Cheng" short form do you mean Chen Man Ching, or Chen style? Either way, both qualify! You're in! :)

SG

20. danceguy

danceguy New Member

Oh bother! I hadn't realized you were the Site Admin...I thought you were just a regular Moderator...my apologies! But for renaming your club to the NSG you still have to pass the entrance exam. 8)

You're in! Actually, you were in the whole time, I just wanted to make sure you were serious. 8)

SG