Dancers Anonymous > Early Risers Club

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by danceguy, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I usually go to sleep late an get up early. I feel heppy to get more han 6 hours of sleep, usually it's about 4-5-6...

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Some people don't need more than four or five hours to function normally. 8) From what I've read, though, America is a generally sleep-deprived nation. :( Will google for some links later. Sleep deprivation is an ugly thing.

Maybe that's why it's a torture technique. :?

Oh and, btw, I saw an article in last week's paper about teens needing even more sleep than do adults. Didn't read the whole article, though, so I can't give details. :?

3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I heard that in Japan the people are quite sleep-deprived according to a recent documentary. Over here, you hear a lot of news stories about accidents involving people falling asleep at the wheel. It is also common for students to fall asleep in class on a regular basis.

4. pygmalion

That makes sense to me, too, considering the famous (or is it sterotypical? ) Japanese work ethic. :?

5. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

It's not that they're WORKING while at the office, it's just that if you're the first one seen out the door, they figure you're a slacker. No one is in a hurry to go home!

6. pygmalion

Whether they're working or not, sadly, a lot of them are not getting enough sleep. :(

7. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Crazy dudes. They should nap at the office, then. :doh:

8. Katarzyna

I don't function normally with so little sleep, but I am used to functioning without sleep..

9. pygmalion

Do you drive? No offense or anything, but there are some scary stories out there about sleep deprived people behind the wheel. :? IS there any way you can get more sleep, or is life just that overfull at the moment? :(

10. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Some people function very well on 4-5 hours of sleep per night. My mom, for one. If the party's good enough, I can last 2-3 nights without sleep but I have to "hibernate" when it's over! 8)

11. Katarzyna

I don't drive so I don't affect others, I sleep on the subway to and from work.. I have sleeping problems, I am often tired, but even when I have an opportunity to sleep, I can't ... It's been like that couple of years

12. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Valerian root, girl, try Valerian root. You'll sleep like a log, the herbal way...

13. Katarzyna

Maybe I will, on the rere days when I have time to sleep but no desire.

14. Sagitta

I like getting 7-8 hours of sleep, but must find the time to do so. :oops:

15. Sagitta

Say it enough times coco and evetually they'll try it. :wink: 8)

16. ratherbdancing

ratherbdancing New Member

I'm perfectly fine with 5 hours of sleep. I either need very little or a whole lot. The area of 7-9 hours usually just makes me tired throughout the day.

17. pygmalion

Thanks for reminding me to :google: this. 8)

18. pygmalion

Okay. Here's a general info page on sleep deprivation. Apparently, the average young child through teen needs about nine to ten hours sleep a night. Adults -- eight hours, and older adults tend to need less as they age.

Just averages. As a lot of folks here have been saying, there's a whole range of what's normal. *shrug*

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Sleep_deprivation?OpenDocument

For me, in the absence of caffeine, alcohol, or excessive stress, my body wakes up almost exactly at eight hours. So I figure that's about how much sleep I need. But everybody's different. *shrug* 8)

19. pygmalion

Hmm. Went to sleep at 9:00-ish, woke up for a couple minutes at around eleven, and was out for the count shortly thereafter until 5:00. It's the ERC for me, today. :shock: Egad! I must not make a habit of this! :lol:

20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

HOOOOOOOWWWW did I miss that a thread like this exists??????...cant tell you how many mornings joe and I are the only two in the house....I am always early to bed early to rise