Dancers Anonymous > Economic Casualties Club

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by waltzgirl, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

My concern is that getting only the segment of the market that can't come up with that final $1-2K and so have limited choices makes it hard to make a profit. These are the customers who can't spring for the marked up CD changer either. And they've got to fight the likes of Kia for them; even worse if the rumors of China (or for that matter, India) wanting to get into the biz prove true.

2. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

The new Civic and Corolla are called "Fit" and "Matrix," respectively.

3. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

I wouldn't call the Matrix a "little" car. Maybe an Echo but not the Matrix. It's not little.

4. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Yaris for the Corolla?

5. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

The Echo is defunct. Perhaps the Yaris (where the heck did they come up with that name, BTW?).

6. LucyDiamond

I am no longer a member of the economic casualities club. I will be starting a new job at the same company I was at before but in a different department. I start Feb. 2 with a new job title and even a slight pay raise. Life is good. :smile:

7. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Great to hear LD. :)

8. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Congrats! :)

9. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Ditto! :cheers:

10. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

It's Siray spelled backwards.

11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

that's so great to hear, luce. especially the slight pay-raise part! :)

12. LucyDiamond

Thanks everyone! Yes, I'm happy about the slight raise. :wink:

13. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Congrats LD - I know you feel great but obviously we all feel better too :)_

14. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

15. gracie

gracie Active Member

Congratulations! More dancing!

16. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

That's great, LD. Congrats!! :D

17. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Good to know. :rolleyes:

18. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Supposedly they corrupted the word charis, a greek goddess of beauty, combined with ja, german word for yes. of course, that's from the internet, who knows how true it is.

19. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Congratulations! :cool:

20. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

I'm happy and relieved to say that I've found a job! My boss at the previous job alerted me to it and it came through. It's a good job, great location, but I'm not as happy as perhaps I should be. I think I'm not quite over the trauma of losing the last job, since there, for the first time in my career, I had a job that I described as "if I were to design a job to fit me to a T, this would be it." But the new job is in a more stable organization, with a less high-strung atmosphere, that I suspect I will come to value.

It's also less money that I was making before, which will affect my dance plans. But they are about to take a big transformation of some kind anyway. My long-time pro (almost 7 years) is about to move to another state. On one level, I'm incredibly sad about this. But it is a great opportunity for him, one he really needs at this point in his career. And I suspect a change of some kind will be good for me and my dancing. I was becoming aware that I was being shaped by his strengths *and* weaknesses and vaguely feeling the need to work on things he isn't so great at teaching. I had been on hiatus from lessons since my paid-for lessons ran out anyway, so the break has been eased into and isn't as wrenching as it might have been.

So between good news and sad news, I'm a bit dazed. But looking forward to new directions in both career and dancing.