Tango Argentino > Etiquette Question

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by spot1969, Jun 3, 2008.

1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Some over-age kids too. :uplaugh:

2. Kassia

Kassia New Member

Hahaha i bet the kids know more words than we do...

3. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Well one never knows what HE thought of the people he was surrounded by. Perhaps they appeared rude to him... Perhaps his dog just died and he needed to release a bit of frustration. Perhaps he always acts that way but doesn't understand why he has a hard time connecting... you never know what is in his head.

All you can control is your own reaction to the situation. And creating a scene of petty sniping does nothing but poison the environment for everyone. If it were me I would try to smile, wish him well (silently probably, or perhaps out loud "Oh Ok, enjoy your evening") and then move on. And it sounds like that is what you did, just move on. I would say that is the most responsible way to handle the situation.

If you had just won the lottery and were handed a million bucks 10 ,inutes before, his attitude wouldn't even have been a blip on your radar screen. If you just found out you had terminal cancer and he acted like that, you might have ended up on the floor in a puddle of tears. So the only one that can interpret his words/actions as negative is you, based on your state of mind. It is your choice to be offended. Or not.
    Don't take his actions and words personally. Just take your own actions and words personally.

Wayne Dyer had a great line for someone he was playing tennis against once. The opponnet keep hurling insults at Waynes partner, getting nastier and nastier. Finally Wayne said aloud for all to hear "Ya know win or lose, we still love you" It immediately diffused the situation and the opponnet apologized for losing his cool.

Another good one... "Where there is hate, let me sow love" It is hard but often has the best results.

4. Larinda McRaven

present company included I assume!

quite probably

5. Larinda McRaven

ooh I like that one, just made it up and think I will use it in my sig line!

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Nice. :)

7. Taniquel

Taniquel New Member

If only everyone could remember that whenever they get frustrated about something! Life would be so much nicer!

8. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Absolutely! :D