Dancers Anonymous > Every Man Must Own

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Spitfire, Mar 7, 2007.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

good ones joe...oh...btw ...I finally asked dh and he was hystercial....

first he popped out "swiss army knife" right away...then he began this agonizing struggle to think of manly man items....er...tooolbox...he says next....then he's stumped and goes silent...and I'm like "dude, it's a silly little question just let it fly , give your own answers not the stereotypical ones"...so he sheepishly says, "YOU?"...now okay, that earns him some brownies....then he just lays there agonizing like it's a million dollar case hanging in the balance....and I'm laughing at this point and saying, "forget it, it's just not worth it"...but after I mentioned his newpaper and his Qmobile he started warming up, and contributed also his ipod, his stereo, his symphony tickets, his reading room(nerd shed)...his fireplace (man must have fire, even nerd man)...and the city of chicago which he loves, also his star wars and star trek movies and his astronomical binoculars...mainly the stuff I already guessed and posted on here but which he isn't in touch enough with himself to figure out without an hour of agonizing...I love him

2. Medira

Medira New Member

*gigglefits* Thank you for my laugh-out-loud moment of the morning.

3. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I liked the nerd fire bit, but this was my favorite part. Nerd sheds, heh. Especially funny since DH has wanted a library since before I met him. Really, really wanted a library. Nerd shed...

4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i agree... brilliant... will be chuckling over that one for awhile :)

5. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

I suppose that would be one way to try to keep cool in hot climates.

6. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Great list. :cool:

If you subtract out the knife and toolbox, and count the Star Trek and Star Wars movies as one he is down to 10. :D

7. musicchica86

musicchica86 Active Member

I'll second that motion...ROTFLMAO!!!

8. fascination

we turned our "formal dining room" into a wine, smoke and reading room...book shelves, bistro table, full wall floor to ceiling wine rack, humidor(for his occasioanal cigar)...telescope, cuckoo clock, globe, chess set...two overstuffed chairs and footstools....it's his play pen...anyone who eats here can eat in the kitchen...not fancy but plenty big

9. fascination

he never really meant the first two anyhow...he was just trying to be "manly" ...which is mostly my job anyhow;) ...except for mice...he has to deal with the mice...uh...and taxes...

10. Peaches

Very cool. Most guests seem to enjoy eating more in the kitchen anyway--more friendly and relaxed.

11. fascination

now this was a fun thread...

12. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Just glanced through thread, but I did pretty well. Not surprising, considering how manly I am. THat being said, let me get back to my baking. ;)

13. Peaches

Get back in the kitchen, you! And take off those damn shoes! Gotta shorten that chain...

(Thinking of horrible sexist joke which is also funny in a very wrong way.)

14. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Too bad he can't be pregnant.

15. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Turtle neck sweater
    Bow tie
    Any 'Best of' Tina Turner :cool:
    Flashy tie
    Jock strap with wife's initials on them
    Feather in a cap
    Smoking jacket and false pipe (if none smoker)
    Lambretta aftershave set including shower gel :cool:
    Old style shaving blade with applicator brush
    Fanny pack
    False Moustache

16. fascination

17. etp777

etp777 Active Member

That's a disturbing thought

18. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

So I'm attempting to revive this thread with a shaving question.

So what do you guys use? Or ladies, what do your favorite guys use?

I am debating going from electric to something more old school. I'm not sure about the whole cut-throat razor. I shave my whole head, so I imagine doing the back of my neck would be insane. I guess the next step up would be the safety razor.

Thoughts?

19. etp777

etp777 Active Member

electric, but I don't clean shave, I leave it scruffy, so electric is perfect

20. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

Here's a crazy thought... what about the old school brush and lather, combined with a modern wet electric?