Dancers Anonymous > ew thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, Aug 7, 2009.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

the way broccoli smells in the sink after a day

what else?

2. fascination

men in tank tops at restuarants...your armpit hair is not something I want to see while eating

3. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Those portable toilet facilities common at construction sites and outdoor events when they are being serviced, the powerful stench is just overwhelming! :shock:

4. Nybz

Nybz New Member

The fact you let broccoli sit in a sink for a day? :oops:

But more seriously, for me, the smell of sautéing mushrooms, always makes me gag.

5. fascination

if you chop veggies and serve a late dinner, sometimes the remnants sit til the next day...I try to avoid it but when I don't...well...ewww

6. etp777

etp777 Active Member

yep, been there, done that. actually h ave bag of chopped plums (winemaking, not cooking, but still, same type of late night work) in sink rihgt now.

7. DanceAngel

DanceAngel New Member

A diaper genie. It may contain the smell, but when you go to empty it, it is still gross!!

8. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

Do you have a baby? :D

Ew = the fact that I only do dishes on the weekends! Yes I said it.

9. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

When I were younger I only used to have a bath/shower once a week :oops:
    I was so lazy it's untrue.. changed person now though, every day... even twice at times :grin:

I love washing dishes, so theraputic... I'm weird.

10. dbk

dbk Well-Known Member

Molasses. I don't know, something about it makes me gag. I love gingerbread though.

11. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Cleaning up dog poop.

12. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

cleaning up dog poop on times square with a tissue you pulled out of a garbage can!

13. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

ftfy. ;)

14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

dish rags and wash cloths left to moulder in heaps rather than hung up to air dry.

15. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

A recent experience, I gather?

16. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Oh, god...where to start?

The mell of mildew--like on dish rags. I swear, I can smell it from half way across the room. And the smell doesn't come off your hands after washing them...multiple times.

Eggs that have not been fully cooked, so bits are still runny or they're still "wet" (scrambled eggs).

Men with long fingernails. *shudder*shudder*shudder*

The smell of chicken in the trash can after a day.

The smell of turkey when it first starts roasting.

Plastic containers that haven't been washed. They don't have to sit for along time--lunch time til when I get home is enough to squick me out.

Babies.

Cat barf.

Edit to add: The smell of dogs that's left on your hands/clothes/whatever after you touch one. Hate, hate, HATE dog smell. Worse if they're wet, but hate regular dog smell. And it leaves your hands feeling strange. Eeew.

17. fascination

lol...it never occurred to me how perfect this thread would be for you peach

18. etp777

etp777 Active Member

lol, that's our peaches. :)

19. Peaches

:D LOL. It's very true (and the smaller the ickier), but it's also in there half for you guys.

Oh...pregnant women. (Sorry everyone. It's really not personal. But...ew. *shudder*)

20. Peaches

Yep. Either this or pet peeves--it's all me.

(Although...hmmm...thought of like that, I don't think I like myself. How do you all put up with me?!?!

...don't answer that...)