Dancers Anonymous > Explain to me this newfangled dating process!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by love2swing, Aug 26, 2005.

1. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

I return phone calls. ;)

If you keep looking, you'll find one. Don't settle! 8)

2. DancePoet

One way to know which habits will annoy you is by knowing yourself first. And if you are grounded in things like knowing and analyzing your own feelings, being truthful to yourself and others, and upholding your commitments this can really set the foundation for yourself being prepared for a healthy long term relationship. And if you can respect yourself and can identify when others are not respecting you nor themselves, then you can put yourself in a situation where you can find a guy or a gal that you will be at least less annoyed with in the long run. "Taking it as it comes" is a sure way of settling for something less then what you deserve and can find. ;)

Ah! See, so you do screen afterall, and it seems wisely. 8)

I recommend screening for someone who respects themself and you as well. :D

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Funny how that happens, isn't it? :? 8)

4. chandra

chandra New Member

Ayuh!

DP: The point I was trying ot make was not about physical habits, like cleaning, etc. But about personality habits. Things like a tendency towards teasing etc. (I cant think of any good examples) Things that it depends on your state of mind whether or not they are endearing or obnoxious. I cant explain it very well, so Im going ot give up trying.

5. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

There are bad habits and there are things a lot worse than bad habits. Things like drug addiction or alcohol abuse are not just bad habits and stay far away from guys like that. Run as fast as you can the opposite direction.

6. DancePoet

Even how a person is viewed through their personal habits can tell you something about whether or not they respect themselves. And if they don't, they aren't likely to respect you either. ;)

7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

EXCELLENT POINT...DP...you keep this up and we will have to start a "we love DP thread".....

8. DancePoet

:shock: No ... please ... spare me. :roll:

9. fascination

well, since you sound truly pathetic...I will spare you

10. DancePoet

I'm not sure whether I should be happy that you are or disappointed by the characterization. Perhaps it is alittle of both. Oh well. *shrug*

11. fascination

I only meant pathetically pleading that I not start a thread...not pathetic in general....

12. DancePoet

Ah! Ok, thank you. :D

13. fascination

actually I am still waiting for you to volunteer to solve my needing to learn AT problem :wink: 8)

14. DancePoet

I see. :lol:

15. hepcat

hepcat Member

So it's been awhile... how did this turn out love2swing?