General Dance Discussion > FADS teachers, students .....

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by _malakawa_, Sep 2, 2008.

1. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

i hope this is allowed.

can this thread be for all of us whom are part of FADS. ;)

to write here everything - comments, competition, put pictures, lessons ......

i am a teacher in FADS in coral springs, florida.

and i just adore this job and system ...... and i hope to see you all in FADS national in Orlando.

Attached Files:

2. FADS is the best. I've been a student in New Jersey for 10 years.

3. BallandChange

BallandChange Member

I am a FADS student in Albany, New York and am so fortunate to be a student within this franchise. I've been a student at this FAD Studio for nearly 9 years and have had great instructors throughout my association with this studio. The caliber of the instructors is incredible for a studio located in a smaller city. Most all my instructors are or have been active National Professional Competitors. I would have to travel into the NYC or Boston area (nearly 125-150 miles) to receive instruction of this caliber. The owners are also very fair and great people. They genuinely care about pleasing their students. HATS OFF :notworth:to the the FADS system

4. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Think everyone knows how I feel about FADS. :)

5. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

no??? i don't know.

6. BallandChange

BallandChange Member

FYI. One of my previous Professional Partners just openned a studio in Del Ray Florida, Please say hello of you cross paths.

7. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

no problem, i think it is ruslan and nataliya.
    we just had sundance competition in palm beach. it was fun. especially mixed mini match.

8. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

Yeah...when are they going to make you the FADS poster child etp?? LOL!! :p

I too am with FADS as a student... fiercely proud to be a member of the currently top ranked studio. :)

9. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Well my studio sure isn't top, but I'm definitely proud of it. just came back from there. :) As long as my pro is teaching there, I have no plans to change studios. And even if she quit, I'd likely just move to another stagekat's FADS (which is actually clsoer to home, but my pro isn't there ;) )

10. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Heh, as you konw, was sitting by several non-fads people at Windy City open. But we had so many pros competing there, I kept answering all their questions in relation to FADS. IE, "3 of those semi-final couples in Pro rhythm are from FADS, and actually placed 1-3 in AAC pro rhythm", "That couple in blue are friends of mine, and both FADS pros, and I just love watching her glide across the floor", etc. Even got the two cute girls behind me cheering for Aaron and Jaana. :)

11. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

FADS Morristown and proud of it here!!! NJ/NY region rocks!!!

12. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

I was doing the same with the indy's around me! It's very amusing to me how the FADS comps are always loud with cheering, even when they don't to studio spirit awards...but the indy comps are so QUIET. I could tell at one point it was a shouting match between the BG manager, another BG student and myself (from opposite sides of the floor) during the Rhythm heats... And I LOVE how FADS pros (from all around) were towards the top in a lot of the heats. Just proves the quality we've got!

13. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

Now all we have to do etp is get OUR two pro's out there... and we'll be set! (I'm dying to be able to shout for them at one of these indy comps!)

14. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Heh, sister said there's no way they'll be ready for Harvest moon. So maybe my pro knew what she was talking about. ;) So think next would be wisconsin or indianapolis.

Heh, and i was shouting right along with you, bg manager, and whichever one of students that was on other side (couldn't tell who from group was yelling).

15. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

it is a competition, and of course that i'll cheer for the couple that i like.

you should see a sundance competition. it was a lots of fun.

16. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

Yeah, that what shocked me.... The FADS competitions (at least in New England) have as much (or even more) cheering that the college competitions I was used to, while the few NDCA events I've attended are much more subdued. The one FADS national I've been too was also much more subdued than the regionals.

17. jacklyn

jacklyn New Member

FADS Atlanta here!! Love it!

18. etp777

etp777 Active Member

AAC was subdued too, neilsenE. Except for the pro/rising star events where we had local pros competing. :) We got loud for that.

19. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

It just surprises me that it seems like most regions go crazy at the regionals and then drop it for the nationals....

If we ever manage to get a critical mass of us DF-ers at one we'll have to change things :)

20. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

I actually don't scream and yell at our regionals... they're loud enough. But at the indy's where it's clear my voice might make a difference, you can hear me clear across the room. :) My parents always tried to sell me as the house intercom system everytime they moved... my voice... it um... carries.

(Besides, my studio has a couple of the most solid sets of lungs I've heard in a long time, they certainly don't need my help!)