General Dance Discussion > FADS teachers, students .....

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by _malakawa_, Sep 2, 2008.

1. etp777

etp777 Active Member

You can't expect to know all the FADS comps. i'll be doing it at our Chicago regional in September, along with my new chacha.

2. lindas3

lindas3 New Member

Hmmmm, may have to go to Chicago. It's a nice town. Really not willing to pay my teachers way though.

3. etp777

etp777 Active Member

hahaha

Luckily, for the regionals,t hat's not an option. Those competitions are only for the 5 studios in our region. Actually, probably same or similar to event you said you had coming up. We do have one national event here in Chicago. Or did rather, this yhear is the last year. Started today, pro comp is tomorrow night.

4. lindas3

lindas3 New Member

Are you competing?

5. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Nope, jsut going to cheer on people. few studnets, but mostly friends in pro couples here tomorrow. :)

6. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

Yes, it's a lot of fun to do a dance with multiple teachers but you definitely have to pay for all their time, and that means more money! But if you like the performance aspect, how can you resist having a few good looking guys dancing around you????

Of course they love to get you interested in competition by doing the small ones first. It whets your appetite for more, and then you want to go to bigger comps, and you take more lessons to prepare, and before you know it you are spending every disposable cent on dancing......it's addictive.

7. lindas3

lindas3 New Member

Hmmmmm, let's see. I'll take 3 or 4 guys that are good looking and at least 6' tall. (I'm 5'8" before heels) As far as I know there are only two male teachers at this studio and only one of them (not my teacher) would be around 6' so I may be safe. ;) It's too late to avoid the addiction to dancing but maybe I can skip becoming addicted to competing as well.

8. singndance

Yep, if you can do that, you are a smarter woman than I!!:D and a richer one too!!:D:D

9. singndance

Hey ETP great job on the Tango! loved it!

10. lindas3

lindas3 New Member

In 8 days we'll know whether I'm hooked or whether I can walk away from competing completely unscathed. Won't make me smarter but would save me a ton of money.

11. lindas3

lindas3 New Member

How did your friends do in their competitions, EPT? Hope you had a great day.

12. lindas3

lindas3 New Member

Opps, sorry I got your letters mixed up.:oops:

13. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

LOL, pregnancy test :cool:

14. etp777

etp777 Active Member

15. lindas3

lindas3 New Member

Sounds fantastic. Makes me wish I had been there to see it. Thanks for the link.

16. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Sure. If you can ever make it to one of the national comps, you should definitely do it. the comradery is great. At any independent comp, there's always people that know each other and cheer for each other, but it's even moreso at the FA nationals. There are pros and even students from all over the country that know each other, cheer for each other at every comp, etc. And it's cool that the pro show is made up of not only the big names in FA, but the pros that you know and work with. Will definitely miss having AAC here.

17. singndance

ETP, did they say where next year's AAC will be? I heard maybe Puerto Rico.

Thanks again for your report. Wish so much that I could have been there!

18. etp777

etp777 Active Member

THey didn't mention it while I was there, but someone else said they had decided on PR. I do know it was one of the three final locations they were looking at, as you said. Either way, sounds like I won't be at AAC next year. :) Maybe vegas or orlando though.

19. etp777

etp777 Active Member

20. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

That's where the Carribean classic Dancesport comp is. My DT went in 2008. He was so geeked that he got to hit up the salsa clubs in PR. And (he says) cleared the floor. Bahaha! He thinks he's hot stuff!