General Dance Discussion > FADS teachers, students .....

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by _malakawa_, Sep 2, 2008.

1. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

Ok, this looks really nice!! Will have to check this out, definitely. I am shooting for Las Vegas, but I've never been to Puerto Rico....

Thanks!!!!

2. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Yeah, I've never been to puerto rico either, but I figure vegas or orlando are more likely. To be fair, i've never been to vegas either.

3. singndance

I went to Vegas for the first time last year, for the competition. We had a great time. I could only spectate this year, but next year I hope to compete. You would really enjoy it!

4. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Yeah, actually thinking I'll go watch that one next year. Will see how budget is at that time. Added two new comps to my spectator list this year already, and third one (OSB) in November. Planning to add another one next year (Indianapolis), plus all the ones I went to this year except for AAC. So have to take it as I can. Cheaper to add one for spectating than for competing, esp for our FA comps. As much as I love our little FA world, it's not cheap. :)

5. singndance

Yes, you are right about that. It comes with a steep price. That's why you have to be pretty selective about which ones to do, that's for sure!

I may go to Ohio Star Ball to spectate this year, we'll see. I know a few couples competing....

6. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

Yes here too, the FADS competitions are expensive.

Since we have moved from an independent to a FADS studio about 3 years ago we have done every regional competition and really enjoyed ourselves.

This week-end is one of our regionals and for the first time we did not go because I said no more! It got to the point that it no longer made sense as an AM/AM's when there are so many other less expensive opportunites for us to compete at. LOL, I really had to use self control to walk away from this regional!

A FADS comp is really not like an independent comp and you just dont find that support system anywhere else. I am bummed this week-end that we bowed out, but financially I know it was the right decision.

7. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Completely understand that, Jan.

Are you at least going to go see Eric and Georgia do their show?

8. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

No, not going. So many students will go the the comp to watch but for me if we are not dancing ourselves it gets kind of depressing... LOL, I just want to be on the floor! Do you know what I mean, or is that just stupid!!

Our studio does a lot of showcases and I have really enjoyed watching them all prepare for it over the past few months.. This week we were thier "mock" audience for them... I have to admit that our studio does not come up with real good group numbers but this year it was exceptional.... Very cool number, changing from each style of dance without missing a beat... Our regionals, all showcases and studio group numbers happen on Thursday night. If I could of got out of work earlier on Thursday I would of done the 2 hours drive to watch them and cheer them on, but you know how that works...did not happen!!

9. etp777

etp777 Active Member

No, definitely understand. Going and not being able to dance always depresses me too. But, still have to go to cheer on all my friends. :)

Ooo, thanks for the reminder, we are supposed to have a new group number for our showcase in october, I need to talk to pro about that.

10. BallandChange

BallandChange Member

For all those FADS students, studio owners as well as others in Fort Lauderdale, I hope that you will provide a warm welcome and support for the new Fort Lauderdale Franchise owners. They are a beautiful standard couple, great teachers and wonderful people. Our loss is your gain. The students they left behind in Albany, New York wish them all the Best Wishes and Success in Florida! Please stop by and say hello so as to make them feel welcome! Thanks

11. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

Tarrytown FADS checking it! *salute* ;)

Yes, I also really love the FADS atmoshpere other than being overcharged for comps and often neglecting international style. =P

On the topic of Orlando, I have attended the last 2 years and i absolutely love it. This year, my pros are trying to convince me to do PR and OSB. Not sure if I can afford both, and not sure if it would be worth it since I JUST started silver. Might opt for my fav comp (Orlando) again! LOL

Anyways, is there anyone in the NY/NJ area that plans on going to AC in March??? I'll be there! :)

12. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I'm planning on AC this year.

13. TinyDancer109

Hooray! can't wait to finally meet another DFer :) I'll have to find you and introduce myself

14. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I'll be with FADS Morristown. What studio are you with? We'll have to coordinate meeting closer to the time.

15. TinyDancer109

Definitely! I'll be with FADS Tarrytown (from Westchester, NY). We shouldn't be too hard to miss -- we're a loud studio! Can't wait!

Anybody else who is going to AC, feel free to let us know so we can meet up with you too! :)

16. TinyDancer109

Wondering if there are any DFers who are planning on going to the World FADS Championship in Puerto Rico, July 21-25???

New comp that sounds promising, but Trying to figure out if there will be much participation since it is a new comp and it is bound to be a bit more expensive travel-wise.

any takers?

17. etp777

etp777 Active Member

I don't know of any ams going yet, do know our pro TA couple is planning to go. She's missed two planned trips to puerto rico for the salsa congress in past, so she's determined to make it this time. :)

18. TinyDancer109

YOU wont be there etp??? ;)

19. etp777

etp777 Active Member

haha, uh, no. :) I've been cutting back my ballroom spectating/competing this year, and that one definitely isn't going to survive the cuts

20. TinyDancer109

will u be in orlando then? :)