Salsa > Faking it...

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Pacion, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Guarachero

Guarachero New Member

In that case, it may be easier to learn the dance, not just the lingo :wink: If you hang out long enough :roll: you just learn to do it. I don't know, but Salsa is so easy to learn that it sounds hard for me to think that someone would not know how if they are at the scenne of the action :D

Guarachero

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

hang out long enough on df. :p Kind of hard to learn it online... :wink: :)

3. Guarachero

Guarachero New Member

OK, Sagitta, I got it. :D :D :D Do you think that those people can learn to talk Salsa just by reading posts? :roll:

And :headwall: of course :doh: If they hang out at the dance venue, they may learn.

4. tj

tj New Member

Yes, I have known lots of folks who try to act like they know everything about a subject, and tell everyone else that they're wrong, but aren't able to back up their theories on the dance floor.

You and I know someone in our scene who is this way.

5. Vin

Vin New Member

"someone?" singular?

6. Vin

Vin New Member

The person I THINK you are talking about wouldn't even be an example in my opinion. Reason being is he actually has quite a bit of ability and skill as a dancer. Plus what he does works for him and there are some ladies that really enjoy dancing with him, just as there are some that dread it.
    His major fault, in my opinion, is his complete lack of consideration for a) his partner, b) anyone around him, c) anyone who is not him.

7. tj

tj New Member

Yes, you have the right person, and yes, your 3 points are true IMHO.

But might I add that he tries to act like his is the only valid way, and that anyone else's way is wrong.

8. Vin

Vin New Member

I haven't spent enough time talking,(wouldn't it actually be listening) to him in order to know that. Yes, I agree that attitude sucks.

9. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I'm intrigued. But I won't ask. Sounds like a tough person to dance with. That's for sure. :?

10. tj

tj New Member

Well, he's got flava, and he totally throws himself into his dancing. And he can be fun to watch. But he draws a different type of dancer to him than what I like to dance with.

To each their own. I just don't like when he tries to force his view of what dancing is, on me.

11. HF

HF New Member

We have guy in our local salsa scene that showed up once in a salsa class for a month or so and then decided that he would not need any lessons. He does a lot of pretzels, a lot of moves that involve touching the ladies hair, head and body, and some dips. Beginner ladies are quite impressed because they think he must be a wonderful dancer. And as far as I noticed he seems to be quite successful in certain other ways also ...

A girl friend of mine that is a good dancer occasionally dances with him and says that it has been fun at the first time because he dances very wildly but after a while it turned out to be more and more confusing. She asked herself why she alwas had the impression to be out of time until she found out that ...

... he dances hustle to salsa music (yes, he does one, two, tap, one, two, tap) ... :p and even with that he is hardly ever in time ... but what a show :shock:

Would that qualify for a fake?

12. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Yup. That's a fake. :roll:

Twilight Elena