Tango Argentino > Famous people who tango?

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by Light Sleeper, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Oooo-errr. Okay, Angelina Jolie (to lead) and James McEvoy (to follow)...BUT...the nearest I get to "well known" is a chap I often dance with who starred alongside Hugo Weaving in "V" for Vendetta. Regulars to Negs and the Dome may have seen him strutting his cool self. :cool:

p.s. Robert Duval dances tango

2. Light Sleeper

Light Sleeper New Member

Angelina Jolie? Eek - you must be tall! I'm afraid I'd be stuck with Kylie! Tango-ing with Mr Tumnus, eh? ;)

V for Vendetta - only ones I know are Stephen Rea, Stephen Fry (heart him) and Rupert Graves.

Saw Assassination Tango a couple of years ago - can't remember much about it, thought he seemed more ballroom though.....

3. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Kate Blanchette once asked me to tango with her...........

then I woke up.

4. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

The only famous person I know (in Tango circles), whom I've danced with is Miriam Larici

[​IMG]

5. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

I have danced with Kicca Tomasi one of the women in the BBC tango clip

6. Dave Bailey

Dave Bailey New Member

Kicca's lovely - she's got her own web site - I actually started learning (by luck) with her with my first lessons.

But, "famous" is stretching a point I think...

7. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Quite!! If that's the case I've danced with Giraldo, Ivan, David, Pablo, Kicca's partner (name escapes me), Eduardo, etc.

Read yesterday Prince Charles has announced he is a fan of Tango and is keen to learn.

8. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

"Famous to tango dancers" != "famous to everyone else" ;)

9. Light Sleeper

Light Sleeper New Member

You've danced with Veron? Take it you mean the dancer, not the footballer ;) Ooooh my word!! *insert fainting smilie* One of my fave ever tango moments - the scene in The Tango Lesson where they dance to Zum in the cafe.

Prince Charles: Are you going to offer your services? :cool:

10. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

Sally Potter, of course. She ditched her movie directing career for a while to do shows with Veron. I don't know if they are still together, though.

11. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Indeed, despite that I thnk her footwork and connections needed severe attention when last I saw her, I like Kicca.

12. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Yes, as in Pablo, but I would've rather the footieplayer - much cuter.

Bonny Prince Charlie is busy sunning himself up (with Cam) at the moment (and a few short kilometers away from my Mah & Dah) in glorious Jamaica. He'll be too reggae'd and buffed up to want to do anything as studiously serious as tango now. That's a dead cert:cowboy:

13. spectator

spectator Member

Miles once claimed to have seen Keira Knightley at Cellspace in San Francisco but obviously this can't be taken as gospel.

14. Me

Me New Member

Oh my, however did I miss out on this fun little thread?

And - for a further bit of frivolity: Who would your fantasy tango partner be (excluding professional tango dancers)... Hmm, think mine would be Bryan Ferry because he's so suave!

Oh, the choices! But, I think Christopher Walken would be fun. He's earned a special place in my heart not only as a generally cool guy who turns up in most of the oddball garbage I watch, but this Fatboy Slim video is just the greatest!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMZwZiU0kKs

How can you not want to dance tango with the guy after watching that?

Aw, come on... you know he's cool. ;)

15. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

The video is gone. Was it "Weapon of Choice?"

16. Me

Me New Member

Hmm. Looks like the person who uploaded it disabled embedding. So you can still visit the link at Youtube to view it, but you cannot embed it into blogs or messageboards. [​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMZwZiU0kKs

But yes, it is the video for Weapon of Choice. :D

[​IMG]

"This watch"

17. Light Sleeper

Light Sleeper New Member

Me: You're a girl after my own heart! I LOVE Christopher Walken's dancing in Weapon of Choice :D He is fab!

Here's another clip I love; wish I had that level of body control!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkQJn88wfwE

18. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Ewwwww!