Dancers Anonymous > Farm Town

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Larinda McRaven, Apr 19, 2009.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

they really do look great when they bloom

2. Nybz

Nybz New Member

Soo what is the best crop to start with? I'm on day one and have a few grapes growing. Thanks guys, yet another thing to distract me heh.

3. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

I think potatos are the one of the most cost efficient ways. The time investment versus the monetary return is highest. Plus they bloom nicely.

4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Potatoes and grapes til level 16 when you get cabbages...

Grapes are hands-down the key to progressing quickly. But of course...they are more work.

5. Nybz

Nybz New Member

Lol yeah, I have a timer set to every four hours. I guess you can call me addicted already...

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

lol...yep... you and many others. ;)

7. Nybz

Nybz New Member

Anyone here still active on FT? I could use some new neighbors... I'd really like to use that new hire to plow option :D

8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yes, i'm active and would be happy to be your neighbor, although i don't plan on doing plowing for others because i don't need the XP anymore and don't have time for it.

i actually just released my new "island resort" farm design today -- has 5 mansions joined together to create a resort hotel, and cost over $7 mill for the layout after hitting level 34. as i planned, i did name it after my website and posted it on the FT forum... kinda cool to see throngs of farmies hitting my LGS site, now, LOL.

modeled loosely after the greek island that my family is from, the resort has a tiki bar, pool area, two beaches (one private, one public), a path climbing through a colorful mountain meadow, a field of lavender (well... hyacinths, really), a rustic goat farm, and an outdoor restaurant in an orange grove... not unlike the one i grew up dining in with family. :D

Nybz, you can either PM me and i'll give you my personal info, or just click on the Facebook link on any of my websites below so we can become FB friends. :D

9. Larinda McRaven

I stopped a few weeks ago, just becaue I was traveling so much and did not have itme to keep up. Maybe when things slow down again I will start planting and plowing.

SAMINA!!! HOLY COW!!!! That is some fierce determination you have there. I just went to check out your resort and it was funny the cluster of people standing around and talking about how beautiful and stunnning it is. You beling in the HAll of Fame!

10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

oh how funny... i stopped by earlier and there were so many people i reloaded my farm, thinking i had brought the FT marketplace back with me, then i realized they were just sight-seers from the forum!

they didn't know i was there, so i listened in because they were gabbing wildly away. one woman was being their "tour guide" and saying the resort was actually brad pitt's house and some other very funny things. they were a hoot, lol.

i'm pleased. although i got rid of tons of blooming flowers in order to put in some of the new stuff that came out last night, so the place isn't as colorful as it usually is until the flowers mature. but...in a few days it will be nice, and the visitors didn't seem to notice, lol.

thanks for your kind words, larinda...

11. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I'm active on FT. PM me and I'll give you my FB details so we can connect. I need some new neighbors too. :)

12. LucyDiamond

Yes, everyone, sam's resort is fabulous. However, I'm still waiting for the BEEIs... :wink:

13. Larinda McRaven

Samina, did you blueprint out the layout or build as you go?

14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

thanks luce.

i have a generous supply of BEEIs stashed away in the hotel. hang out around the tiki bar and i'm sure they will emerge...:cool:

15. LucyDiamond

They recently added funtionality where we can hire people to plow our fields. Maybe sometime soon, they'll add functionality where we can hire bartenders... :wink:

16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i built as i went. i started with the restaurant, because i wanted people to enter there. then i added the pool area and then built up the mountain with the dirt path & meadow leading up to the farm.

then i added the staggered fields to give a hilled effect. then spent a lot of time trying to figure out the beaches, which were challenging due to the glitchy water-layering feature. i added the steps down to the beach and the playground, and then pretty much ran outa mojo. i have farmed minimally in the small fields since then.

last night, FT came out with new crops & flowers, and i was in the right mood, and i'd earned enough for that 5th mansion, so i dug in and finished it. i'd been trying to figure out a configuration for the mansions for awhile and just couldn't hit it. didn't want a cluttered look, i wanted flow, and i didn't want them separated. it was tricky.

but luce & another visitor helped nail down the final "V" layout, so i went with it. added the paths & new flowers... figured out how to plant a hidden farm *underneath* my mansions so i could try out the new crops... and finally i was done. was a very good feeling.

17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

LOL....omg...and you'd get XP for every drink you make!

18. LucyDiamond

i can't wait to see the final layout tonight, sam.

19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

oh that's right... you're at work. total FT lockout, LOL.

20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

btw, i have been considering writing a little mini-manual on how to layer crops on farmtown using an "undocumented feature"... not sure where i would post it, or if it would be wise to do so, because too many people doing it could overwhelm the already-challenged FT servers. so far, the info hasn't been made public.

but if anyone wants to know how, i've experimented massively with that technique. it's possible to plant crops either stacked one on top of each other, or staggered with only 1/3 of each field showing.

luce has harvested tons of those fields for me. have you ever seen them, larinda? they can give some pretty effects...