Dancers Anonymous > Farm Town

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Larinda McRaven, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

OK, how do I find this Farm Town thingy and give it a try?

2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

beware... it is an OCDers dream.come.true... ;)

i'll send you a gift, and you can click on the farm town link to have the app installed.

3. Peaches

Possibly, but I can't keep real plants alive, and whenever I tried Civilization or any other building-type game I always got fed up (because it wasn't perfect) and deliberately destroyed my civs.

Still and all, though, I'm curious.

4. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

And, tons of coin! :D

5. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

you're funny

6. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

no...

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

would be nice to see you there. i've enjoyed many evenings of connecting with luce there, just chatting & sharing news while we harvest and plant. it's very... relaxing. a modern day "backyard fence chat".

i have no plants in my house. no plants, no pets... purposeful decision. i do love gardening tho, which i'm also currently not doing...and i am resolutely NOT a gamer, at all.

but there are many things about FT that are quite alluring, and one of them is how the plants go through different phases as they grow. they appear as seeds until they hit 25% maturity, and with each 25% they evolve. and you can watch a bare, brown, plain dirt farm morph into incredible lushness and color, which you can manipulate many ways. and then it's all harvested and a bare-brown again.

8. Peaches

Oh god...this is driving me nuts...

9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

well, er... yah... millions, lol. ;)

10. Peaches

Where did the friggin' taters come from?

11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i already sent the gift request... get to it, chica, lol.

12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

:confused:

13. Peaches

Exactly! I've got, like, 6 squares of taters in various stages of doneness. Well, had, until I accidently plowed one over.

What am I supposed to do with the gifts?

Do you actually have to worry about things like which freakin' plants will grow next to other ones?

Where do I get seeds? Cuz plowing is getting boring...

14. Peaches

Bugger all this. I'm gonna go and meander around your farm, Sam.

Time for a smoke...

Edit to add: Dangit. I just planted my mango tree somewhere stupid...

15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

lol...you don't have to worry about which plant to grow next to other ones, no. the gifts? accept them. you can place the trees and animals on your farm if you'd like. or you can hold off for later

there's a little store icon -- click it and you'll find a seed page. try only one-day crops for now... or the 4-hr grapes or 2-hr raspberries. don't abandon those raspberries after 2 hrs or you'll lose them.

16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

you can move your tree... no worries... click on it and select move.

17. LucyDiamond

I can't wait to see how the carrots, blueberries, pineapples and peppers look in the various stages. Tomorrow, when I'm at home, I'm going to try the new 2 hour raspberries. I'm also looking forward to seeing the new flowers I planted in full bloom!

18. LucyDiamond

Peaches, I'll be your neighbor too.

19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

those potatoes are just a way to get you going. you can harvest the ones that are ready for coin, and take it from there...

20. LucyDiamond

When you get so many neighbors, you get trophies. You also get trophies for other milestones.