Dancers Anonymous > Farm Town

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Larinda McRaven, Apr 19, 2009.

1. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Sending some PMs now, needed a new obsession. :)

2. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Special thanks to Larinda, earned myself a big bunch of coin (well a bunch for a beginner) by watering her flowers. So pretty!
    So is there a link or something to go see Sam's farm?

3. Nybz

Nybz New Member

If you are around in the morning you can get your self some more coins if you want to harvest my farm :D

I'm also having trouble adding anyone as a neighbor... friends on fb yes, neighbor no...

4. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I created a farm and basically abandoned it in favor of the first facebook ap that's truly addicted me. I WORK at a zoo, fer cripe's sake, why do I then spend all night playing MyZoo?!?

5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i have one on my facebook page, I believe. and if you click on your "my neighbors" section, you can see the people who are your FB friends but *not* your FT neighbors, and you can click on their names to go to their farms.

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i think FT pretty much gamed me out, or i'd check out myzoo...

7. Chiron

Chiron New Member

This thread may make me finally break down and join facebook...

8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

farm town is adorable and worth joining FB for IMO...

9. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

So about 6:45-7:30 EST, I'll have a BUNCH of crops ready to harvest for anyone wanting to make some coins. They're not the super profitable ones, but not too bad, and there's a LOT of them. Would love to help DFers first (since a few DFers have been very nice to me!)

10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

there is a very active thread on the FT forum that "tree huggers" (people who can be trusted not to harvest trees) check for jobs all the time...cracks me up that this thread could evolve to something similar for DFers

11. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Heh...I think I've gotten DH hooked on playing FT. He's been piddling with my farm all day while I've been in class. Heh...

12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i ran into him earlier today...i'll be sure not to assume it's you, heh.

13. Peaches

I told him he should identify himself and say Hi to you.

What's bad about harvesting the trees?

14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

nothing inherently bad, but farmies who have been around for a bit often stop harvesting them to keep the fruit on for the color. they don't really need to harvest them for money, and they become very protective (some near to hysteria...) about their fruit.

tree huggers usually add "TH" to their name to offer recognition to those seeking a level of security that their fruit is safe from that harvester.

15. Peaches

Ohhhhh...so that's what that means!

Pick dat fruit!!! (Non-TH-Peaches!)

16. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

You've also got the "no beggars" people that are tacking their names with "NB" or "NBP" or "NBA" or something. I just make sure not to beg or get beggars to harvest for me.
    Peaches, you need to get DH to make his own farm! Another neighbor! I got all excited today when Lucy neighbored me, that would have been 10 and I could hire people to plow if I wanted. Then noticed I didn't get the trophy, and one of my neighbors has apparently dropped FarmTown, so still at 9.:( So I might be making my husband a facebook account.... :)

17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Peaches PDF

(but fyi... TH is a great to get a lot of money-making work...)

18. Nybz

Nybz New Member

Are we friends on there peaches? if not I think we should be ;)

19. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I'm not totally convinced hiring to plow is really worth it. As sam and I found out, it's great for the farmer who did the hiring but slave labor for the plower. IMHO, you need neighbors who are willing to plow for each other to keep it fair.

20. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

I actually like to plow for others. It's a fast way to get your exp points up. (As evidenced by my meteoric rise.:))