Dancers Anonymous > Farm Town

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Larinda McRaven, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Nybz

Nybz New Member

So... much... clicking...
    Lol

I have no idea how you made it to 34 Samina :D

2. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I don't get the "no begging" thing. Wotzat mean?

I think it's funny...I just don't really get how to make things work for me, but DH has got it all figured out. I came back to the hotel room this afternoon to drop my stuff off (and walked in to the sound of a sheep, a pig and a chicken, lol) and I couldn't believe what he's done and how much money he's been making. I should just let him run my farm.

Nybz, no, I don't think we're neighbors. I'm "Peaches" on FT. Very original, I know. ;-)

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

LoL...yep...that's al 34 means...a whole lotta clicking under the bridge...

4. Peaches

I think we should be able to name the critters roaming around. Oinky, Baa-by, and Pecker. Well, Pecker #1 and Pecker #2, since we've got two chickens.

5. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

The no begging thing is when you go to the marketplace there's always these really annoying people, "HIRE ME PLZZZZZZZ"
    "PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"
    "I'M PO N HOMELESS HIRE ME 4 U FARM"
    A lot of people refuse to hire them. Because they're annoying. I won't beg, and won't hire those that do. Usually the beggars are the ones that will come to your farm and whine if your crops aren't to their liking. And if you're a tree hugger, whiners will harvest your trees whether you want them to or not. They're just annoying.

6. Nybz

Nybz New Member

Yay I finally have over 1million coins!
    Thanks to you ladies who harvested my peppers,
    and thanks to Samina for the torture I put myself though to get them all.

7. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

When i think of nybz and his peppers, i think of bats, poop, and insanity. :)

8. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Congratulations!!! :rocker:

Don't spend them all in one place... ;)

9. Peaches

What's the deal with me going to the market, hiring someone, getting back to my farm, and discovering several people just freakin' standing there?

And what's with people agreeing to harvest and then only doing a little bit?

10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Peach, there's a glitch in the system where people's ghosts appear to follow you back from the MP. Just hit Play to reload and they'll go away.

As for people not finishing the job...another extremely common occurrence is that people are booted off by the server, and they have no way to find their way back to your farm unless they have buddied up with you first.

As for the begging thing, some people get quite riled up by that in the MP. I never made an issue out of it. I tried to educate the beggars now & then to let them know that most people just put them on Ignore, making them disappear. But mostly I just paid attention to the "real people" there, striking up a conversation with someone polite and present, and I'd hire'em and get out.

11. Peaches

Oh, that explains things. I couldn't figure out why there were just standing there doing nothing.

I generally try and avoid beggars. But, for the love of pete, just finish the freakin' job. It's not like I'm Nybz and his 3000 peppers.

12. LucyDiamond

The extra people aren't really there. They are "ghosts." It happens all the time to me. I just ignore them or reload the page. Reloading usually gets rid of them. No big deal.

It's probably that they got kicked out of the server. Unless, they are on your buddy list or a neighbor, there's really no way to find them again to rehire them. You could go back to the marketplace and try to find them but, you may not go back to the same marketplace. It's my understanding that FT has several servers so they have several marketplaces.

HTH

13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Most people are quite upset that they got booted off and can't finish, becasue certainly they want the coin. Or they stress about having appeared rude. It's one topic that comes up quite frequently on the FT forum (tho not more than unwanted tree harvesting, lol). Getting booted - and having booted harvesters - is part of life on Farm Town.

14. Peaches

Ohhhh... Well then.

I hired one person to hire a few trees, and she couldn't get to them. Don't know what the deal is. I just hid things and there was no problem for me. *sigh*

15. LucyDiamond

I get booted off regularly. Some people add each other to their buddy list immediately upon being hired. That way, you can go back to the farm and get rehired. I don't generally do that though. I like to have people on my buddy list who have proven themselves by not harvesting my trees and also the friendly ones. I look for neighbors and people on my buddy list to hire before I go to the marketplace.

16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Mebbe her trees were already hidden when she got to your farm? In that case, she'd have to leave and come back and be rehired for the trees to show and the job to get done. Wish the "hide" settings worked differently but...that's the way they are right now.

17. LucyDiamond

Yes, the hide/show settings are a bit funky.

18. Nybz

Nybz New Member

:nope: Do not have a clue as to what you are talking about.. ::whistles::

19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

I believe luce was involved in harvesting my cabbages the time I first learned about layering and triple-layered my whole farm.

Never again.

20. Peaches

Is there any way to harvest a field, or provide for it to be harvested, when you're away?

I was an idgit and my raspberries will ripen shortly after I have to leave.