Event Announcements > fasc party and ballroom garage sale

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by fascination, Oct 10, 2010.

1. etp777

etp777 Active Member

hahah Fasc. Sadly, we had last minute family get together to celebrate sister's bday (came and went while I was in PA so we couldn't celebrate). Still like to make a donation though, if you'll shoot m e a PM with info

2. congratulations on your anniversary. have fun tonight! :)

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hope you all had fun and the you made lots of dough. :-D Oh yeah and that your house wasn't trashed.

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

had a really good time...more dancers than I thought...and quality folk with whom I like spending time...but not many people in the buying mood....lolz, they all had crap to sell to, but most of us weren't each other's right size ...though we did sell a pair of dh's shoes so that was a good thing...had an awesome time...and, compared to son's graduation party, the mess here today isn't even on the map...plus I manged to get most of them to take food home with them

5. pygmalion

Sounds like a great evening. I'm glad. :)

6. fascination

yea...thanks...it was...it definately brings home some points to me about the still, small voices in the world...and about being it a much better space in life...it is important for me to see and appreciate who came and why...and, on a more superficial level, I just love to throw a party...granted they are work, and if you are going to be a good hostess you are servant to all and not neccessarlily having the most fabulous time in the moment trying to cover all the bases....but to sit down after everyone has left and know that they all felt cared about and at home, were well fed, etc...I just like that....and I got my favorite compliment about my home...which isn't "it's so gorgeous" or anything like that...but rather, it is so comfortable and homey....it was a deeply good thing...I learned alot...because I was back to my own center enough to do so...and dh remembered his new tango choreo...what else could a gal want?...sadly, I have very little practice to show for this week, and I have to work all day today...but sometimes you just have to trust your own rhythms and needs, KWIM?...

7. pygmalion

I do. I know what you mean.

I plan to get back there one day soon. I used to love entertaining, but, for a variety of reasons, had my joy stolen. So I do know what you mean about getting back to your center. Hugs and blessings. I'm glad that you were able to satisfy that part of yourself. It's important. :)

8. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Glad everything went so well. Sorry LW & I couldn't make it. Congratulations again. I'm sure out paths will cross again one day.

9. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Would love to have been there fasc.

10. fascination

:) will probably do it again sometime