Dance Ads > fascination's gowns

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by fascination, Mar 19, 2007.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

well thanks...the hotel is booked and non-refundable...I will be there the entire time but since I am dancing about 120 events, I am not doing any of the evening things and will not be on pkg but will be dancing fri sat and sun morning and afternoon...and will be there thursday...as for it coming off evenly...that's how it went on as well...was always proportionate...a small blessing...anyhow, hope to meet you...joe peaches and skwiggy can all point me out btw

2. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

Shoot, if we decide to compete in it, I'll probably be dancing in the evening (Am Standard)... If not, I may be there during the day looking at vendors.

3. fascination

well...I will be in the hotel so we can still connect

4. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

Is it in the North Bethesda Marriott again?

5. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

6. fascination

but I AM doing 120 events

7. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

briefly back on topic: when I searched for your pics in the gallery I couldn't find them. Maybe it's too much cold medicine this week (it's kickin' my butt). Can you post them here in the thread, if it isn't too much trouble? thanks.

8. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

Woman, you are a machine!

9. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

They always do - measure carefully. There is no such thing as spot-reduction. You can't even achevie spot reduction by accident unless you use a knife. When you lose, you lose all over the body. That's why its so hard to lose that tummy or that extra butt - becasue for every 1b of fat lost, very little is lost in the ab/hip/butt itself. So flat abs, lost lovers handles and toned butts come at the very end of a long stretch of losing. So if you are working on losing, keep doing the good work. You'll hit a tipping point beyond which you'll start seeing visible improvements in parts that you want to lose (because other parts in the body would have lost all the fat they could...).

10. fascination

am not smart enough to do that quickly and not free enough to devote time to learning...go back to the gallery and click on user gallery, then F...you'll find me...or you can pm me w/ your email and I will send photos as attachments to you...maybe in a week or two I can trap dh and learn how to put a photo here

11. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

True. But for some of us, it goes on/comes off certain places first and last. Or, at least becomes noticeable in certain places first or last. Not everyone gains--or loses--evenly.

12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Sure you do. It's just proportional. If you have a lot of extra weight in your butt, and only a little in your tummy, by the time you lose some weight, the extra weight on your tummy will appear to have gone away but because there was so much more in your butt it'll still look comparatively big.

13. Peaches

Yeah, but why do you end up with a lot of extra weight in your butt, but not your tummy?

14. fascination

lol...I am so happy to be providing such a scintillating thread on how to lose proportionately..., but bear in mind....my dresses are also for sale

15. Peaches

Sorry. lol. They are beautiful gowns. And they seem to be very reasonably priced. Hopefully, they will sell quickly.

16. fascination

lol, don't be sorry...carry on...I have never much minded highjacking....and, since I am the OP...knock yourselves out!

17. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

I KNOW you cannot spot reduce. Believe me, if I thought you could all I'd be doing is those hip adductor (or is abductor) machines at the gym and squats. But I don't - I do mainly cardio. It just so happens that my waist has whittled down to nothing which makes my hips look even bigger in comparison even if they also whittled down *some*. But I know they are getting smaller (from clothing fit mostly); it's just if you have wide hipbones, there is only so much hip you can lose. And if you are doubly blessed with a tiny waist and narrow shoulders, those hips are always gonna look huge in comparison...

18. Peaches

You know, it's not fair.

I know spot reduction is impossible. And, yet, my body seems to work on a LIFO (last in, first out) kind of system.

Unfortunately, my b00bs seem to be the last in, first out...so to speak. Of all the places I *don't* want to "spot reduce" that would be it. *hmph* The one benefit to being heavier like I am now...

19. fascination

ya know...a good dancer is just gonna have a fairly well developed uh...lower half...since... erm...breasts are only fat...well...and we dont really dance with them...uh...they go away a bit...personally, I am liking 36 way more than 39...they were a pita

20. fascination

yep...but, while you can't spot reduce...you can spot tone...and if they are big and tone...they can look beautious;)