Dance Ads > Few older rental gowns for sale, will consider any offer

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Katarzyna, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I have a few gowns I've had for rental either for a while, some of them have issues I can explain them if someone is interested.

They are all in my rental album: http://public.fotki.com/klh/ballroom_dancing/dresses_for_sale/dresses-available-f/

All the gowns that I am willing to let go of for any offer are marked with "for sale will look at any offer" next to the name. Some of them I would happily sell even for few 100. If I don't get any offers from people I will look at posting them on ebay with no reserve price. I will post links here once I get a chance to post them.

I need to refresh my rental inventory. (some of the gowns are being sold for any offer due to really small sizes that my usual customers don't fit and don't have any issues, for example the yellow mesh dress is really small and has no zipper built in so requires someone with very small hips to get the gown on)

2. Katarzyna

Also willing to donate those gowns to college teams if they can give me tax forms :) so if any team is interested in one or 2 of those, let me know :)

dancing_moogle likes this.
  3. Wow, those are some really great deals! Happen to have any latin dresses?

4. Katarzyna

Thank you, I don't have any rental latin ones (at the moment), so I don't own any. I have latin costumes for sale on consignment from people.. few that are very good deals as well, but not quite any offer kind of deals for latin ones.

5. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Is there anything strange about the Michellini pink gown that needs to be shared? It says for a shorter lady. Do you know the height of the dancer wearing the gown in the photos?

6. Katarzyna

Hi, the Michellini gown does have some issues unfortunately. The lace on the front has been damaged so it would need to be repaired. It doesn't look damaged on the floor but up close you can see that the whole lace in front has holes. I will post some photos later to show what I mean. The dancer in photo is 5'5'' but I would say that the gown would look best on someone 5'3'' or close to that. I took some photos of the front and back detail on my sister who is 5'4'' and I will post those later...

Because of all those issues I think it would be a great dress for someone handy as its really interesting and unique but someone would ideally need to fix up the lace.

7. Katarzyna

Here are the photos of the front and back. My sister is 5'4'' and she is not wearing shoes in those photos.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      41 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      43.6 KB
      Views:
  8. Katarzyna

I have donated the white gown and the green uniqueness to SJSU. I am still open to discussion on other gowns I listed.

9. Katarzyna

The yellow mesh gown is gone as well.

Only a few gowns are still available.

10. Katarzyna

11. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

How stretchy is pink marabo?

12. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Back looks pretty open, so maybe there's some wiggle room unless you've got a J-Lo butt :D

13. Katarzyna

Back is fairly open as Nikkitta mentioned and the bodice has some stretch to it, but the shirring around the waist is made of pearl chiffon so that part is not stretchy. JLo butt would fit in as long as the waist is small as it is not fitted on the hips but mostly around the waist.. but waist can't be bigger than size 6 average waist.

The dress will need the straps shortened as they stretched from hanging.

14. Katarzyna

Auction is ending in 2 hours. Marabo gown is only at 100 while the Michellini gown is only 56

15. Katarzyna

The Marabo gown might still be available.. I just received the following message from the winning bidder:

"Hi,I am so sorry but my daughter bid this item by mistake.i want to cancel this deal.Thanks."

I am not sure if I can do anything to force the bidder to go forward other than give negative feedback.. I gave a second chance offer to the second highest bidder, who I believe is from Dance Forums as the name seems familiar to me ... But if that offer is not accepted it will be still available..

If anyone knows how to deal with this situation on ebay please let me know. It seems like someone was just playing with the bids and is blaming the kids on doing that.. specially since that bid was placed within seconds of auction end.... It feels a bit fishy. I have not sold on Ebay in a REALLY long time so not sure how they deal with such situations.

16. tanya_the_dancer

I hope you reported them to ebay. When I did my ebay listings, I blocked bidders who had 2 or more unpaid item strikes (ebay used to have that option, but I haven't listed anything in almost a year, so I don't know if they still have it). So if you give that person an unpaid strike, maybe eventually they'll be blocked by enough sellers and that will limit their activity. But there's not much you can do. I feel like ebay isn't so great for small-time sellers anymore. I'm better off taking my unwanted stuff to salvation army for a donation receipt.

17. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Just saw this thread, just wondering if you give a negative feedback to that nonpaying bidder, could that person also give a negative feedback in return just out of revenge? Seems she's using kid as excuse to back out this deal, looks like she bid a few times, not only once, and very close to auction end time, intentional bid, not accidental. Hope Ebay resolution center can be helpful without extra charge?

Pink Marabo is quite a nice gown, can't believe someone won't even pay only $106 winning bid for a nice designer gown! Similar gowns at designer's booth in Blackpool would be 10 times more price

18. Katarzyna

I actually agreed to cancel.. Maybe I was too nice. The person was from Canada so I felt that if I have second offer accepted, at least I don't have to run to the post office and fill out custom forms, I can just send package with my doorman. I was annoyed but it really is that person's loss. She put like 8 bids so it was clearly not an accident....

19. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Yes you are nice, maybe Ebay is indeed no longer helpful to non frequent sellers! Agree it's smart action to avoid such hassle for filling out custom forms, and yes it's that person's loss of chance to owe a nice designer gown. Hope 2nd offer will work out!

20. tanya_the_dancer

Ebay definitely isn't a good place to be a non-frequent seller anymore. It forced everyone to accept credit card payments which essentially forced people to upgrade their Paypal accounts and now I have to pay Paypal a fee whenever I receive a Paypal transfer, regardless of whether or not it's Ebay-related. Whenever there's any kind of dispute, they pretty much side with the buyer by default. I am thinking of closing my Ebay seller account, if Paypal would allow me to downgrade the account back to what it was before. I'm out of outgrown clothing and toys anyway.