Ballroom Dance > Videos > Fields of Gold - which rumba you like better?

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Musique, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Musique

Musique New Member

Peter Stokkebroe & Kristina Stokkebroe

Sergey Ryupin & Elena Khvorova

2. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

S & E's. P & K's seems too disconnected for my tastes. Grreat moves -good dancing- but I would have liked to see more of a connection with each other, and more continuity in the routine...not just an amalgamation of great moves.

3. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

What are the dates of those two videos? I feel I've been seeing a trend toward latin choreo where you have to remind yourself that the dancers are actually together.

I'm guessing the Stokkebroe piece is rather more recent than the other.

By way of disclaimer, I'm not a tremendous fan of Peter and Kristina's dancing. But I've also observed the trend in champ level latin choreo in video of US regionals I've seen in the past year.

4. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

I have the 2007 Superstars video (which is where the first one is from) and I agree. Definitely Sergey and Elena. P and K look so disconnected.

5. tuftufwang

tuftufwang Member

Can I say none of the above? Ok, let me try again - technical merit goes to Peter and the artistic part goes to Sergey (more Elena than him actually).

6. Casey

Casey Member

The rumba by Sergey Ryupin & Elena Khvorova was in the 2005 Superstars.

There are 2 "Falling Leaves" rumbas to compare also: Sergey & Melia in 2006 Superstars and Andre & Natale from Ohio 2007 & the world showdance 2007 - there's a video on the front page of danceplaza of Andre & Natale.

Here are the urls, but if they don't work as links, maybe someone who knows how could put them up.

Andre & Natale:
    http://www.danceplaza.com/index.tpl?style=video&action=watch&id=303

Sergey & Melia
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YydZuNNfa0

7. Musique

Musique New Member

I don't like Agnieszka's dress. But I like their dancing better.

8. tuftufwang

tuftufwang Member

There is no comparison. Sergey and Melia are clearly superior - I am referring to the actual dancing and not the acrobatic stunts.

9. chachabelle

chachabelle New Member

I honestly liked Slavik and Elena's rhumba to the spanish version of "Autumn Leaves" on the 07 WSS tape.

10. emkey

emkey New Member

I am normally a fan of Peter and kristina (I just really like their clear and clean focus on technique) but true they do seem disconnected in this dance which is well unusual since I've always seen their rumba as their strong dance. I saw them here when they did the Philippine starball and I just died watching them practice in my coach's studio