Dance Articles > Finding the Right Balance

Discussion in 'Dance Articles' started by Steve Pastor, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  2. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

Yes, I do balance exercises, because my balance is not terrific. I do use a wobble board...some days at least. I'm working up to using it with eyes closed, but no where near that at the moment.

3. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

balance pad, bosu, bosu upside down, bosu upside down on one leg, wobble boards of various kinds, 65cm ball... balance tools r us.

Mr 4 styles and RiseNFall like this.
  4. raindance

raindance Well-Known Member

I do leg exercises where you are standing on one leg while working the other leg (and possibly arms as well) in various ways in the air. Basically variations on ballet barre type exercises, but without using a barre/chair whenever possible.

5. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

I use a balance board. And other items, but then again, I did before learning ballroom for skiing and prepping before every ski season. There are other balance inducing/practice equipment items on the market as well.

6. Did you ever try the wobble board? Curious of potential results...

7. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Haha...
    Completely forgot about it!

and.. Welcome to the forum!

8. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

pistol squats on the upside-down bosu with 35 lb dumbbell or 16 kg kettle bell .... yeah buddy

balance or die

9. Thank you sir...any personal favorites/recommendations for a newbie?

10. PaulBunyon

PaulBunyon Active Member

Alternatively, get on your bike and ride. A skill you learned as child where you have to make second by second adjustments to stay upright.

11. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Single leg anything. Squat , deadlift bent over row over head press etc etc kettlebell or dumbell either works. Add the bosu for increased difficulty. And work you core especially the obliques and serratus v choppers cable twists. Get a trainer to give you some exercises and go for it. It's fun:confused::meh: