Swing Discussion Boards > First Lindy Lesson -- What to Expect?

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by pygmalion, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Sue, I would never leave you out of the compliments . . . you were very helpful to me on Saturday! I appreciate you hanging in there for future lessons, too!

He made sure that he pointed out about "no pressure" with the thumb.

Then only thing about learning Lindy, is that no one around here does it!
    Guess I'll have to learn it well enough to teach it . . . OK . . . no laughing.

Thanks Boo . . . I was concentrating, but I may have been concentrating too hard, I knew I had one of the best Lindy instructors and I wanted catch every action and word that he delivered.
    but I wanted to

2. Dancegal

Dancegal Member

Pygmalion - how are your Lindy lessons going?

3. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Jenn,
    So how are thye going???

Mine are going great . . . Damon is a wonderful instructor/teacher, and although he has a tough time ahead of him (trying to get the WCS similiararities out of my head while trying to learn Lindy), I more than know he is the man to do it! I wouldn't want anyone else . . . I'm fortunate that he is so close!

We're into the Charleston already . . . YOWZA!

4. alfborge

alfborge New Member

Hey, don't stop now! How's you all doing? Jenn? Pygmalion? Vince?

5. suek

suek New Member

yeah vince, wassup?

jenn? you still going to reno?

6. jdavidb

jdavidb New Member

Another way to tell if someone's a bad instructor is if they're carrying around a riding crop or a leather strap. If they try to make ya strip down and wear a bridle and saddle, just run!

7. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Let's not be too judgemental here...to each their own, right? :wink: :lol:

8. jdavidb

jdavidb New Member

heheheh I don't think pony training is what they mean by lead/follow techniques. :lol:

9. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

And getting back on topic....hwo are the lindy lessons going Pygmalion? I'm guesing you are making good progress as you seem to be in the know about lindy exchanges and such in your area? Am I correct?