Tango Argentino > Flav & Vincent on Strictly - Stunning Milonga

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by Heather2007, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

2. Captain Jep

Captain Jep New Member

Great! I know this performance will get the usual its-not-real-milonga comments (I see its got one already) but for me it captures the playful essence of the dance. And they seemed really to enjoy themselves too!

3. Dave Bailey

Dave Bailey New Member

4. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

.. but have you read the post till the end: I like their dancing, and I don´t mind the rest.

5. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

My reply from the other thread video section, about the same video:

My opinion, not bad. Not bad at all! It actually looks like a milonga. There are a few portions where the "Choreography" becomes obvious (self lead boleos, Too large strides, Dancing in promenade too much, etc.), a show tango (Milonga) should always look lead. But, otherwise, OK.

6. bastet

bastet Active Member

I'm in full agreement with Ampster. It wasn't too bad...they lost me more at the end with some stuff that doesn't really feel like milonga movment and some overobvious choreographing with all those ganchos.

I think the cutest part no one even appreciated- him stepping her up to walk on his feet.

7. Captain Jep

Captain Jep New Member

They also so obviously have a great connection on the dance floor. He doesnt feel the need to pose with her - he can just be. Which is made more delicious because he always portrays himself as a bit of a poser (an "Italian stallion").

She also moves so beautifully (even when she's not particularly experienced in a dance - as with this one).

You probably know they were together as a couple until last year (or was it the year before?) She went off with her dance partner on the show. Vincent was devastated and for a while their connection wasnt really "working". Now I think it's back and you can hear it loud and clear ...

8. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Of course it was choreographed, but so what...it's television!

Not usually a Flavia fan, but I thought this to be well done. Good job! Thanks for the post.

9. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

I do realize its choreographed. What I was alluding to in my first reply is that, the hallmark of a great Tango performance should not have the look and feel of being choreographed.

Of course this is observation of mine is based on the professional AT dancers I know, and the performances I've seen and admired.

10. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Sorry, Amps, if that felt directed towards you, my friend, it wasn't, actually. :D It was really more towards Captain's reference that, he's right, some will get on the improv high-horse (as if AT is never choreo'd even in argentina).

11. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

Angel, no. Not at all. Were cool. :rocker:

12. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Flav & Vinny's track

And, and, and...does anybody know the piece to which they're dancing - it's a great little clowny number :D

13. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Milonga de mis Amores ( as danced by Pablo Veron and sally Potter in the Tango Lesson)
    there's about 50 different recording on i-toons alone

14. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Ta, chook:banana:

15. bordertangoman

all the T L songs are now hard wired into my system....:)

you're welcome.

16. Me

Me New Member

Must disagree. It is a well-known fact (widely documented on Wikipedia) that Argentines have a statistically higher midi-chlorian count when compared to, say, all other dancers in the world. They do not lead and follow - They simply see the dance before it happens. No need for choreography.

[​IMG]

17. Zoopsia59

Zoopsia59 Well-Known Member

That explains why some dances look more like battles between adversaries. Must be a dark side of the force dancer with a light side of the force dancer anticipating each others attacks...

18. Dave Bailey

Dave Bailey New Member

19. bordertangoman

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/starwars/star-wars-smiley-023.gif

attacktango ; so thats what I'm dancing

Luke; I'm your father.

20. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

Its "Milonga de mis amores." This specific arrangement is by Juan D'Arienzo.

It can be found in this album:

[​IMG]