Tango Argentino > Videos > Flexi- tango

Discussion in 'Videos' started by bordertangoman, Feb 11, 2008.

1. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

2. kieronneedscake

kieronneedscake New Member

Ooer.
    Fun.
    Contrary to every principle instilled in me about maintain core stability, but I suppose you can play about when you've mastered it.

3. Twirly

Twirly New Member

Oh! That's different. They certainly never danced like that when I've seen them before.

4. bordertangoman

5. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

I'm only a newbie but this looks like a Gumby claymation to me.

6. bastet

bastet Active Member

Same here...though I actually don't mind the "snappy" feeling of all the direction changes...if the upper neck and head movement could be toned down a little....it's more her than him doing it...don't know if that is the point or not of the demo....???

7. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

I think it is OK. Just goes to show that while some (many non-Argentines) are screaming this only that only style, even in argentina, dance continues to evolve.

8. Twirly

Twirly New Member

I think it must be a demo of this particular way of dancing. They never did anything like that when I saw them before. Perhaps a fun addition if you do it once during a milonga?

I do like them as teachers. Quite nuevo, but you can tell that they like dancing very close as well. I watched them once in a milonga dancing very close and very slowly together, completely in the moment. It was really nice to see.

Anyway, here's another video of them dancing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV31fjNdRpE

9. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I don't like her head/shoulder styling--it just looked overdone. *shrug* Just not my thing. But I did like a lot of the fluidity through the rest of her body.

10. Me

Me New Member

Tango with over sway and promenade? Say it isn't so!!!!

11. bordertangoman

I agree I think its a kind of playful movement that would look okay in milonga but not in tango; simply not elegant enough; the Bylaugh clip was okay but nothing to write home about ( but I wouldn't refuse her a dance)