Dancers Anonymous > food journal

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Mmmmmmm leftoversssssss

Purr likes this.
  2. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I thought about this a lot walking at lunch. Here's a couple of suggestions:

1) have heart to heart with DH as you suggested, and explain that too much food/cooking meals doesn't equivocate love
    2) give DH a shopping list with specific quantities, i.e. 3 or 4 bananas instead of a whole bunch, or 2 avocadoes instead of 6
    3) go with DH grocery shopping
    4) you do the grocery shopping
    4) get involved in the menu planning, which will facilitate generating a shopping list
    5) last resort, let some food go bad, so DH will get the idea it's too much

I do most of the grocery shopping at the Purr household, so this kind of thing doesn't happen. Cooking 2 meals a day doesn't happen either. Monday through Friday, breakfast and lunch are on your own. Dinner is a cooked meal twice a week, and leftovers are 2 or 3 times a week; other dinner is usually a throw together of whatever's handy. On the weekends, I fix lunch (note: I didn't say I actually cooked anything), and dinner is on your own. It all seems to work out, and no one starves.

Sania and Mr 4 styles like this.
  3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

I do the shopping but the Mrs cooks most if the time. If I have time I cook too asvi have training and am actually better at it :p
    We have dinner out tw ice a week rest is at home and usually only two dishes alternating

Purr likes this.
  4. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I actually look forward to fixing lunch on Saturday. :) I'm not sure what will be on the menu this Saturday, though. Last Saturday's menu:

- Ham and turkey sandwich on Italian bread
    - low sugar/plain apple sauce cup with granola garnish and sprinkled with cinnamon; stuck a granola almond butter cookie in the apple sauce for fun
    - Three or four sliced strawberries
    - Fruit and vegetable help yourself kind of thing tray; think it had avocado, orange slices, prunes stuffed with peanut butter and rolled in sugar, green peppers, and some other stuff
    - vegetable crackers

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

few slices of ham on a poppy seed bun...coffee

a hot dog and a small burger, company cookout...iced tea, vanilla ice cream

small salad, dinner roll, sausage link, tequila shot with lime

6. fascination

over the weekend I did some pretty exceptional cooking from which we have been noshing ever since:

hot potato salad consisting of: boiled potatoes, cabbage and canadian bacon browned then simmered in vinegar and onion powder as well as fresh chives and parsley, then sprinkled with paprika and black pepper

italian beef which was simply pepper rings, flank steak and french onion soup mix in the crock pot

then a psuedo lasagne, which was boiled amish egg noodles lining a well oiled casserole dish, topped with a mixture of farmer's cheese, egg and chives, topped with fresh broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini and roasted multi colored bell peppers, finally topped with arrabiata sauce

lastly, pound cake with lemon frosting and red raspberries

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  7. fascination

egg beaters w/2 sausage patties/black coffee
    doritos and dip/2 gulps of a green smoothie :)
    small bit of stewed pork, veggies, and mushrooms over egg white noodles and a smidge of stuffing

high probability of vodka/lime perrier

8. fascination

low sodium tomato soup...lemon herb tea...doritos and dip...tequila

9. fascination

11a... sweet potato curry soup
    1p... turkey club
    3p... handful of doritos and dip
    5p... burger on thin bagel bread w/small amount of teriyaki broccoli rice

no calories from bevarages