Dancers Anonymous > Food questions

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by alexandrahweis, Feb 28, 2013.

1. toothlesstiger

toothlesstiger Well-Known Member

di nada...

pygmalion likes this.
  2. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

I never knew room temp made a difference in how fast bananas ripen. I bought some for a client on Saturday and they became overripe in just a few days. I bought some for myself on Sunday, they're still lovely yellow, almost no brown spots. Mine were kept in a room around 65 degrees, but his at least 75. Mine are also near the floor, where it's cooler, not near anything warm, and his are by the microwave. I have gotten them at home before and set them on top of the fridge and they went bad right away. They need to be kept cool, but not cold. That's the conclusion to my banana research :p

3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

:eek:;)

chemical reactions double in rate with every 10 degrees celcius of temperature increase
    its called the Q10 rule

4. wonderwoman

Cool, thanks :)

5. Mr 4 styles

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

I think you just invented that. :p

(Ah, but Google proves you right...;) )

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  7. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

83% of statistics are made up on the spot. :D

wonderwoman, samina and pygmalion like this.
  8. alexandrahweis

alexandrahweis Active Member

Hahaha! Brilliant ;)

9. Mr 4 styles

naturally:cool:

its 85..........;)

cornutt likes this.
  10. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

have you considered using cinnamon as a supplement? i've found that apple cider vinegar always seems to help regulate blood sugar levels.

i ate a lot or ratatouille as well as pinto beans simmered with cumin, garlic, onion & jalapeno peppers. i eventually combined both into a vegetarian chili with the addition of chili powder, oregano & corn. i also add a little yogurt when it ends up being a little too spicy.

11. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Margin of error. :p

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  12. alexandrahweis

Interesting. I have to be careful with spicy foods, even though I love them. Thank you.

13. middy

middy Well-Known Member

How about fish? Tilapia is very easy to make and versatile. I also like salmon.

14. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Blackened catfish!

15. alexandrahweis

Fish are great. Thank you.

16. wonderwoman

I was told the secret of cutting up a mango. You have to do it before it's fully ripe.
    Cut off the top and the bottom, then you can stand it up on the flat bottom end, and you can see the pit. Use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin, then slice down each of the long sides close to the pit, then along the short sides.

I can eat a whole fresh mango by itself, or dice it up and put it in spicy salsa. I loooove mango!

Yes, I just answered an unasked question, because I asked someone this question today. Benefits of having a 91 year old friend who was a registered dietician. She knows how to prepare food.

The BEST roast chicken is Ina Garten's perfect roast chicken. Find the recipe on food network website. The thing she doesn't mention on the website is that she seasons the chicken with black pepper and lets it in the fridge over night. I made it her way recently and it was BOMB!

17. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Bah. You slice the sides off, then score the flesh diagonally and flip it inside out.

18. wonderwoman

But I could never tell where the pit was, and it never occurred to me to cut the top and bottom off. Set it on the flat bottom and peel the top half, flip it and peel the other (now top) half, then cut down the sides of the pit, and cut up as desired.
    I guess if it's ripe you can cut the top and bottom off, then cut down the sides of the pit, then score the flesh and then scoop out with butter knife or spoon. That'd be easier, because the flesh gets too squishy.

19. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

Story of my life.

wonderwoman likes this.
  20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

it's all about the quality of the knife my friends

toothlesstiger likes this.