Tango Argentino > Videos > For Chicho/Lucia fans

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Light Sleeper, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Light Sleeper

Light Sleeper New Member

2. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

3. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

Concerning Chicho, I´m standing all alone, always. His dancing does not touch me at all, though I can see, how fast he actually is, how exactly he steps, and how it fits perfectly to the music...

Only one I like is this older vid with Chicho and VV http://www.ar8.com.fr/bajotango/bajotango.html

4. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

Here is (I think) my favorite Chicho video. Let me know what you think of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu9a7jzfLqc

5. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

Purely coincidental?

Hi, my opinion: excellent dancing, so precise as can be. But, close to Salón style. No heavy and delayed stepping, not on the spot, almost fluently, language and repertoir out of the Piazzolla aera (Nuevo), but no (maybe a little before 2:25 ) Neo at all. But Neo is, what I do expect, what I actually want to see of Chicho. To watch this kind of dancing (the latter vid) I would choose Herrera.

And another idea: when Chicho is dancing, he takes the centre of my attention. Usually, I look how the woman is dancing, first. Purely coincidental?

6. Light Sleeper

Light Sleeper New Member

dchester: nice dancing, can't fault it, but somehow it was a bit 'meat and potatoes' for me.

Opendoor: nice dancing also - camera angles way too distracting!

It would be hard to choose my all time fave Chicho clip. It would be a toss up between Plano Secuencia with Eugenia or this fantasia piece with Lucia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaaRyeI5kmg which I think is just exquisite!
    I'll have both as my favourite (different forms, it's allowed!) :D

Really am a fan of both Eugenia and Lucia... I do not like his pairing with Juana Sepulveda AT ALL. She's a very good dancer, just for me, they don't work well as a partnership. If I had to choose, would choose Chicho and Lucia as my favourite partnership - wasn't too keen on the fantasia piece he did with Eugenia. But I'm just being a picky so and so, now!

7. Light Sleeper

Light Sleeper New Member

I'm moving more towards tuning into the dancers as a couple - see my comments on Chicho's pairing with different women. After all this is what tango is all about isn't it?

8. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Also, one of my favs... ahem, for several reasons, but, partially b/c Ceci was still in her rare and beautiful form as "La Reina de Sigue"

9. Captain Jep

Captain Jep New Member

Well each to their own but ... really?! .... I think he works fantastically well with Juana. Interestingly I would have said with his previous partners it's all about Chicho. But with Juana it's the opposite. There's something mesmerising about the way she dances.

Interesting to see the 2001 dance. I think he is a lot lot better now. Heck, with a little bit of work, I could do what he was doing in 2001. Ah maybe that's a yardstick I can use. As good as Chicho 2001.. :rolleyes:

10. Light Sleeper

Light Sleeper New Member

Really!

Exactement! I could try and explain my preferences but I ain't gonna :p

:cool:

11. dchester

It will take me a lot of work, (and I still might not get there).

12. Captain Jep

Captain Jep New Member

Well in 2001 it was the woman making him look good, now I think he makes the woman look good. (Not that Juana needs much help)

Trouble is, he improved exponentially after 2001. If he stops now, I might get as good as him in about errr 2050-never*...

( * I believe his improvement can be modelled by the function e^PracticaX , where PracticaX approximates the speed of light. )

13. dchester

I think Einstein predicted this in his Theory of Special Relativity.