Salsa > Friendliness on the Scene

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by volleybgrl, May 13, 2004.

1. Pacion

Pacion New Member

That was what I was hinting at :lol: asking Boriken if he is Puerto Rican is like asking a thirsty man whether he would like some water :wink: On a serious note, it is amazing to see someone (a group of people, in fact) so passionate about their island/where they were born. :D

2. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

The indigenous name of the island of Puerto Rico is Borinquen/Boriken/Borinken. In turn Puerto Ricans are also referred to as Borinqueños/Boricuas/Boriquas/Borinkenos/Borikenos. There are two words that give away a rican's nationality without the need to ask. They are wepa, and fo, like reading the first 2 letters of the word fungus, and enlongating the fu. Which means, stink. hehe

3. tj

tj New Member

Lol!

Thanks for that - I learned something new today!

4. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Boriken... I'd love to dance with you! When are you coming to Bucharest?!
    (I danced with one Puerto Rican and loved it...)

5. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

Hmmm, soon I hope, we have planned Spain next year, then egypt, but we are open for a third location although a debate over Australia and Peru has erupted as of a late. Might just have to put bucharest on the map, and learn on1 as well. I really, really, stink on1.

6. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

Oooooooh Australia please....!!!!!! We have enough Peruvians here to make you feel like you are in Peru anyway :wink: !

7. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

lol... that would be just about enough to make up for peru then. :D

8. Sakura

Sakura New Member

:shock: :shock: Boriken, you'd better not leave NY before I can get there and grab a dance with you! With everything I've seen about how well Puerto Rican's dance, I think I'd be in for a MAJOR treat!!!!

Pleaaaase don't leave the States before I can dance with you?! *pleading look* :D 8)

Sakura Kitty :kitty:

9. Sakura

Sakura New Member

Well, it wasn't a Salsa scene (sorry! :wink: ), but when I went to my first Salsa Workshop, it was run by a WCS club here in Indy (the R.E.B.E.L.S.), and everyone there was really nice and friendly to me! =^__^= It was very cool. I'm looking forward to the dance they're having on the 20th at my studio. I get to learn WCS! :D

So, yeah, it was really nice, and there was no pressure to perform well or not at all. (=^_^=;;) That made it really nice for me, since I was the youngest person there... Probably by at least 20 years or so... :shock: 8) But it was still great.

Sakura Kitty :kitty:

10. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

Deal, I know I'll be here all this year, most likely next, and perhaps the following. :D Didn't you mention, you'll be here in NY this year?

11. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hey wait a second! Are we competing to get boriken to come visit? Huh? If so, Orlando works for me. :wink: :D Really inexpensive airfares from NYC. Honest. 8)

12. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Right Jenn. Not to mention nice weather, theme parks and some of the best hotels in the world. :lol: 8)

13. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Just remember Boriken, if you stop by SD on the way we can do that 1 for 2 "trade"! :wink:

14. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

Imma have to choose SD, he is offering an exchange... :D And the way my on1 is...

How is sun over there SD? Cause Orlando is sounding quite good on the freezing A/C here at work.

15. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Nice, warm, sunny, and litlle humidity my friend! 8)

16. mellody43

mellody43 New Member

Boriken -- I was talking with Tim (TJ) last night and he said you dance on 2! *HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM!* LOL! I'm an on1 dancer -- how will we ever manage?

:oops:

17. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Mellody :roll: if you don't manage to do any On2 classes before going to NY, as long as you keep moving your feet, you will be fine. :wink: Boriken is a good pilot :lol:

18. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

Thanks yous verys muchs Pacion, even if we hit some speed bumps here and there, it had nothing to do with me, but you have the on2 thing pretty pat down. Even if you only have danced it about 10 times.

Mellody, my on1 is awesome!!!! Ask Pacion how good me is on1! lol :banana:

19. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:shock: Don't you love it when someone puts you on the spot like that :oops: :lol: What ever happens, air tubulence or otherwise, Boriken is no pattern dancer :wink: :lol:

Besides Boriken, weren't one of your last words to me when I was in NY that you were going to work on your On1 :roll: :roll: :lol:

20. mellody43

mellody43 New Member

hehehehe. Well, I might be able to do a little on2 before then -- but 4 years of on1 will be tough to reprogram =)

Melissa