Funstuff and Inspiration > Frontier Airlines announced....

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by 3wishes, Jul 27, 2017.

1. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

non-stop service between Denver and Ontario airport in addition to non-stop service between Austin and Ontario beginning in October. Granted it will not have daily service but 3x a week is just the start and some fares will be 49 bucks! I do anything to avoid major airline hubs.

2. DerekWeb

DerekWeb Well-Known Member

49 + seat fee+ carry on fee+baggage fee. It all adds up. That said, they are good at no frills, very few people carry on so they load up and move out quickly. Seats don't recline, no problems there.

3. 3wishes

Frontier Airlines will be adding, from Ontario Airport, flights to Dulles and flights to San Antonio Texas- no change of planes!hurray. Yes there may be disadvantages but kudos to the new ownership of the airport for bringing some short haul (granted Dulles airport isn't a short haul) gate openings to Airlines. Short of dealing with LAX. They will be using Airbus equipment.

4. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

How many flights a day does Ontario get these days? I remember going out there when it was pretty much just a GA airstrip.

3wishes likes this.
  5. 3wishes

The City of Ontario completed the buy-back from the City of Los Angeles.
    There are two terminals, 1/2 mile from each other. Their drive is to attract international travel as well. It's a matter of available gates and leases with airlines.
    Relaxing terminals that are Very easy to get through. love it. Just as much as I love Long Beach Airport.