Ballroom Dance > Videos > fun and interesting idea

Discussion in 'Videos' started by arianiah, Jan 11, 2007.

1. arianiah

arianiah New Member

This is UCBD Berkely's team match competition. I thought it was hilarious the things that they came up with to do. It added a little humor. I am thinking doing something like this with my team to liven things up a bit..relax them before a comp/performance. What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk7VA5Uk79E

2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

cute idea... lots of fun to do, i'm sure. great idea to use as a warm-up!

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Cutre enough but I think the wacky team match ideas has probably been taken the furthest. I think its close to 10 years now that they've been doing cross-cha (woman leads/man follws), tacky tango (and far tackier than in the Berkely video clip), endurance swing, and balloon-tag foxtrot (balloon tied to ankle of each couple and have to pop the baloon of other couples). Talk about a riot. :lol:

4. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

I witnessed/participated in a balloon-tag dance contest at a comp years ago. Never again. It was brutal. Chances are very very high that your feet will get nailed by overzealous competitors. No thank you!

5. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

I remember a post-it note tag "fun" dance at a local college comp here in MA about 8 years ago. The funniest thing was watching the guys figure out where to put the post-its on the girls.