Funstuff and Inspiration > Fun Facts and Trivia Thread !!!

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, May 30, 2010.

1. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

President John F. Kennedy. We've all heard and read the juicy stuff on him. apparently, he was using a lot of medications for some medical condition and for pain resulting from injuries when he played football in college and those he received during the war in PT-109.

He is also rumored to have used recreational substances while in office; cocaine, marijuana and LSD supplied to him by one of his many girlfriends.

2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Hmmm, style--but one person will always be shorter, unless you only choose people who are exactly the same height. Can you elaborate? If you choose a taller person, you will be the shorter person and therefore a burden to him/her, per your criteria...

3. style

style Member

Many people say that it is the impact that hurts when you fall. As a vetern of many falls off wall and roofs , I can tell you that is a lie. It is the second that you can not save yourself that hurts. You already know there will be pain, it sucks wainting for the impact to happen.

4. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Spitfire, Re: JFK. It's impressive when someone actually served on the frontlines like that. It's getting quite rare for a President these days...

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

That doesn't surprise me. Nothing does anymore. :rolleyes:

I heard on NPR recently that Abraham Lincoln was taking meds for ... wait for it ... constipation that may have led to his depression and mood swings while in office. Apparently, the pills had high lead content.

6. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Very interesting, pygmalion!

7. style

style Member

Ray, in climbing you want a person close to your height. Think of walking in deep snow up hill. The first person creates the steps for the next person. He has to make a step that is correct. The better the step, the easier it is to climb. Like the differece walking up a pile of mud to a stairway. Also there is safety factor. A climbers main goal is to get to the top as fast as possiable. So protection is skipped because of it takes time to set. So a good steps cut in ice or snow is very impotant.

8. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Yes, now I see, style! Thanks!

9. style

style Member

Never show the boss that you are smarter then he is.

10. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Just two teams account for 33 out of the NBA's 64 championships (over 50%). Which two teams?

The Boston Celtics and the Los Angeles (and Minneapolis) Lakers. (Which is the next match-up, as we speak.)

11. Spitfire

Which reminds me, I think the most points that Michael Jordan scored in a single game were in one that his team actually lost.

12. style

style Member

Never hesitate when you want to talk to a woman.

13. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Interesting!

14. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Assuming he/she is smart enough to figure it out. :lol:

The rule of thumb was for years supposed to be based on an olde English law that men couldn't beat their wives with a switch bigger than their thumbs. Debunked by snopes.

(I'm guessing this gave men carte blanche to beat their wives with whatever they wanted. The rule of thumb is sounding pretty good, right about now.)

15. style

style Member

the secret formula for coca-cola was bought for $500 from a doctor who sold it to a clerk. who developed the soda we have now.

16. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Amazing!

17. style

style Member

Good one!

18. style

style Member

A control freak is someone that cares more about something then you do.

19. Spitfire

Which originally contained cocaine. My grandfather once told me he was not allowed to drink it as a kid because of this.

20. style

style Member

The wealthy are never caught displaying wealth.