Funstuff and Inspiration > Fun Facts and Trivia Thread !!!

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, May 30, 2010.

1. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Ha ha ha!

2. style

style Member

That is what probley made it so popular. Then once they got you hooked , switched over to suger.

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Ditto Fritos corn chips. Recipe purchased for $100 by the founder of the Fritos company sometime in or before 1932. Now a multi-billion dollar brand.

4. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

I understand that in Okinawa there is a wine which contains opium. I heard this when I was in the Army from guys who had served there.

5. style

style Member

I learned this when I was a young carpenter. Never make fun of your elders. They know more tricks to play on you then you ever thought possiable. construction sites are a great place to find this out.

6. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

I am learning so much! :)

7. pygmalion

No idea about Coke, but Dr Pepper (a non-cocaine version) is still for sale, in old-fashioned glass bottles, in Dublin, Texas. No corn syrup for them. Real sugar only. And it does taste different.

8. pygmalion

My Dad served in Okinawa, but never talks about it. He was in the clean-up crew, right before the end of WWII. So he may not know about the wine, but I will ask him.

9. style

style Member

Smart people are the who worked hard enough and made so many mistakes, that they now know all the knacks and tricks to make hard work easier. Only now they won't share them.

10. Spitfire

For those who have had the experience of being in a restaurant or bar when you got up to go to someplace like the restroom only to find your drink gone when you returned because they thought you had left. A waitress once told me that if you place a napkin over the glass its universal that this lets them know that you are not finished and have not left.

11. style

style Member

I read once that there was thousands of cases of coke that was found in a cave that the GI's left. This was a few years a ago.

12. Spitfire

And this info came from those who served there long after that.

13. style

style Member

Fact. If you are at a bar, dark haired girls blend in. Blondes and red heads stick out.

14. pygmalion

I'll still ask. My Dad was a rascal, in his day. :wink:

15. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Speaking of JFK: if you are at John F. Kennedy Airport, of course you are in New York. But what was the name of the airport, before the assassination of JFK?

Idlewild.

16. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

The first game is this next Thursday...

17. style

style Member

I once heard this on the news. That people who make moonshine, hire carpenters to build the still. They said that the guys or girls know how to buid most anything with building material. So these are the first suspects that are questioned.

18. style

style Member

Fact. Before their was nail guns, you had to drive a 3 1/2'' nail thougha 2x4 plate with one hit. This was on a framing crew. If you could not, you were sent down the road.

19. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

A dragonfly has a lifespan of?

24 hours

20. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

A group of unicorns is called?

a blessing.