Funstuff and Inspiration > Fun Facts and Trivia Thread !!!

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, May 30, 2010.

1. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Trivia for the movie The Blind Side:

In an interview to a Brazilian magazine, Sandra Bullock said that during the first couple of weeks of shooting, she thought her acting was so bad she considered dropping out. Bullock stated director John Lee Hancock had worked so hard on the project she didn't want to ruin it. However, she didn't quit it and ended up winning the Best Leading Actress Oscar for her performance as Leigh Anne Tuohy.

Julia Roberts was offered the role of Leigh Anne Tuohy before Sandra Bullock.

While the movie shows Collins Tuohy and Michael Oher studying together at home and school. Collins, an A student, rearranged her schedules, and dropped out of several advanced placement classes, to share more classes with Michael and help him graduate.

source = IMDB :)

2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Thanks, Trivia Girl. I, too, enjoyed The Blind Side...

:bouncy:

3. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Who was first choice to play the iconic Clint Eastwood character, Dirty Harry?

Frank Sinatra.

4. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Trivia for the movie Julie & Julia:

Because of Meryl Streep's height (5'6") several camera/set/costume tricks had to be employed to mimic Julia Child's height (6'2"). Countertops were lowered, Streep wore extra high heels, and forced perspective camera angles were used.

Meryl Streep gained as much as 15 pounds while filming the movie.

Eric Powell's quote ("I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by") was originally made by Douglas Adams, author of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005). Eric explains this himself, immediately after delivering the line.

This is the second film that Meryl Streep has appeared in that has the name "Julia" in the title. The first was her film debut, Julia (1977), in 1977.

Source = IMDB

P.S. Ray, "Trivia Girl"? *lol* ok, I like it. :)

5. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Thanks, Trivia Girl! I had wondered how they made Meryl Streep taller and larger-looking in that movie to resemble Julia Child. Another good performance by her, with some effortless nuances. I love Amy Adams, too. :)

6. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

The most expensive traffic ticket ever given?

In Switzerland, for $290,000! In that country, the fine is based on your financial worth. The violator was worth $200 million.

7. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

In some states in Australia, it is compulsory for taxi drivers to carry a bale of hay in their boot

8. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Lioness, I'm curious. Why? :)

9. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. It's one of those things left over from ages ago that didn't get taken out.

10. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Lioness, very interesting. I like trivia like that!

11. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

What country has 9 time zones?

Russia. That means 9 happy hours! :cheers:

12. morgrob

morgrob New Member

The elephant is the only mammal that can't jump.

Your right lung takes in more air than the left lung.

13. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

morgrob, thanks! The first one reminds me that you can lead a cow upstairs, but not downstairs! :)

14. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Wedding cake was originally thrown at the bride and groom, instead of eaten by them!

Whale hunting is strictly prohibited throughout the entire state of OKLAHOMA! :)

Most lipstick contains fish scales! (Ew!)

15. morgrob

morgrob New Member

Whale hunting is strictly prohibited throughout the entire state of OKLAHOMA! :) ---Amanda, tried to quote you, but I deleted something, sorry.

Kind of makes you think why they even needed this law, lol.

16. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

morgrob: I know! :)

17. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

In Oklahoma; back when I was serving there at Ft. Sill, the bars by law could only serve one kind of liquor and that was 3.2 beer. Nothing else.

18. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Spitfire, very interesting!

19. Spitfire

That was just the plain street corner type bars. Restaurants and nightclubs could serve other liquors.

20. Spitfire

Here in Arizona and parts of Indiana are the only localities in the country that do not observe daylight saving time.