Gasoline Prices - finding the lowest

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by 3wishes, Feb 20, 2012.

1. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Well, isn't it grand that they are predicting $5 bucks a gallon by Memorial Day. Love where I work - getting inside scoop - this is not new -news.
    So...DF-ers who are looking for clues, hints, tricks...here's a few I found.
    www dot gasbuddies dot com or it's gasbuddy dot com.
    Open the web page - type in your zip code (where your likely to purchase gasoline for vehicle) and it will list the cheapest per gallon amount per grade and what gas station and location exactly. By the minute.
    Also, other tips.
    1) Buy mid-week, prices tend to change upwards towards the weekends.
    2) Do not buy gasoline at a station located near Fwy/TollWay/Major traffic artery (you are a "locked" target for high prices and captured audience).
    3) Check out your "rewards" programs with your local grocery store for gasoline discounts. Shell is the most aggressive in partnering with markets for discount gas prices.
    4) Try to "not buy" at the major gasoline carriers in the game.
    YIKES! :cool:
  2. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

That's about what it's been in Australia for a couple of years now...we often get higher, too.
  3. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I get a discount with my Kroger card, depending on how much in groceries I buy. Giant Eagle has similar, but I don't shop there as much.

I bought gas on morning at $3.19 a gallon. By the afternoon, the price had jumped at the same station to $3.49 a gallon.
  4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

It's $3.59 here now. *sigh*

Kroger discount are very groovy. I think Tom Thumb/Safeway has the same deal, in some markets. Depending on how much stuff you buy (including gift cards) you get up to a $1 discount per gallon. Not bad. :)