Salsa > Gee, you're good -> the art and science of compliments

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by brujo, Jan 6, 2004.

1. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

Wow, Medira... that's a fabulous compliment!

2. kdogg

kdogg New Member

Sorry, dude. You're mistaking me for someone. I've yet to go to a salsa congress. I even missed the one right under my nose--DC congress. This wouldn't happen next year.

3. ash88

ash88 New Member

I got

"You make me dance!"

last night from a beginner.

Yee-ha 8)

4. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Yup. That's a nice one. :)

5. Vin

Vin New Member

Thought I knew who you were, darnit.

6. Gussie

Gussie New Member

Funniest complement I've had so far was with a guy I'd danced with a few times... 'I want to bite your chin'. Was a bit gobsmacked to think of a witty reply. Poor thing must've missed his dinner. *smirk*

Does nice arse, shame about the dancing count? Had that one many many moons ago..

Oh darn, you guys wanted compliements on the dancing.. hmm.. erm..

7. Sabor

Sabor New Member

:mrgreen:

8. kdogg

kdogg New Member

Hey, may be you've Jay Leno's chin :wink: ; many people dream about it. The next time you dance with him put on a chin cap to protect yourself:lol:

9. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I do this a lot too. That's why I ahd to get out my music collection from the basement last weekend. :)

10. Gussie

Gussie New Member

kdogg - how did you know Jay Leno was my dad? Seriously though, I've just searched Google and seen a piccy of him, I'm gonna have nightmares tonight about that, next time I go out, I'm not gonna dip my chin in Belgian chocolate before I hit the dance floor.

11. latindia

latindia New Member

A nice compliment I got from a lady friend, who I was teaching the salsa basic at home. She was having a lot of trouble with the step, and with finding the beat, and was about to give up saying she had no sense of rhythm. Apparently her SO and friends hadn't succeeded in teaching her either...

Frustrated, I put on a nice slow song (Celia Cruz - Guantanamera), just grabbed her, told her to close her eyes, stop her brain and follow me. Three minutes later, she's all breathless going 'I could feel the beat through you! Somehow, you just...seem to become part of the music!'

It was so simple and sincere. Loooooved that :banana:

12. MapleLeaf Salsero

MapleLeaf Salsero New Member

I received a really nice compliment the other day. This salsera called me up to wish me a happy birthday. As we were talking, she mentioned that her and her friend always use my lead as a reference. After dancing with a guy they always compare his lead to mine. :oops: The arm tension, the hand placement, the natural flow of the dance, the smoothness, musical intepretation,... :D

13. Sabor

Sabor New Member

don't it feel mucho corny when people write about their compliments.. i mean really.. :lol: :lol:

14. latindia

latindia New Member

Hey, feel absolutely free to join in Sabor. We're not gonna laugh. Really :lol:

15. ash88

ash88 New Member

The greatest compliment i've ever received from a follower is to ask them to dance with me one week (and dance with them for the first time) and then to be asked BY THEM to dance the following week.

It happened to me tonight, and i felt honoured to be asked to dance. I put that much more effort into the dance because I knew they WANTED to dance with me.

16. tj

tj New Member

Who are you again? :lol:

17. tj

tj New Member

All you missed is what it's like to dance at a congress with around 95% humidity.

I hope they pick a place with better AC next year...

18. africana

africana New Member

Oh yeah yuck! what a floor I had to use so much powder on my shoes :x
    doubt I'll be going again next year, but at least I got to meet and dance with you guys :D

19. MapleLeaf Salsero

MapleLeaf Salsero New Member

Oh come on Sabor. We all know you´re dying to tell us about the compliments that you received. :wink:

20. africana

africana New Member

i actually agree with sabor this time :shock: what's happening to me??
    :lol: