Salsa > Gee, you're good -> the art and science of compliments

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by brujo, Jan 6, 2004.

1. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

:lol: Hijack Alert!

We have a very well known advertising catch-phrase: "Which bank...? The Commonwealth Bank!"

:wink: :p

2. Sakura

Sakura New Member

Hey! Well, you know that I'd rather be back in Tennessee or on the gulf side of Florida where my Nana and Granddaddy live! (They look out on part of the Gulf of Mexico from their condo! They're soooooooooo lucky! The sunsets are absolutely *amazing,* and we've barely seen some manatees in that area! :D :D )

Sakura Kitty :kitty:

3. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

Those pesky manatees. We have a lot of them in Nashville, you know. Always getting in the trash, leaving slime marks on the driveway. Stray dogs breed with them. They make their way up from the Gulf through the Mississippi and into the Tennessee and finally the Cumberland, although there's some evidence that there's a thriving manatee population living in the sewers off rats and discarded gators. If you keep your eye out as you're driving along I-40, you can sometimes see a flock of them gathered on a ridge, watching the sunset, probably remembering the Gulf of Mexico. 8)

4. Sakura

Sakura New Member

*shakes her head and sighs* =-_-=;;; You're *awful* you know that? *cracks a grin* Can't help but think it's funny though! You're probably the *only* person I know who could come up with something like that! :D :lol: :lol: :D ...You know... When I was in kindergarten, before I was skipped up, someone in my class had a pet crocodile... It was only a baby at the time, but I hope he turned out okay. I think reptiles are cute ('specially snakes! They're so cute, and soft, and ooooooh, I *love* 'em! =^___^=;;), so I'd feel awful if they just threw him out.

Yeah, I'm sure they know *right* where I'm talking about! I shall see them there again someday when they decide to become migra'ory, and I shall send them, bearing ripe coconuts, to you with my greetings! *giggles* :twisted: See ya, Genesius!

5. Genesius Redux

But then again, the Tennessee manatee is non-migratory.... :wink:

6. Sakura

Sakura New Member

:( Aw, right... Supposing two manatees carried it together! :D

7. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

:oops: :oops: :oops: ...........just got off the phone with one of my local entertaiment agents.

I've just been told that I'm in the top 5% of salsa dancers he'd ever seen :shock: !!!!

Me, right now :arrow: :bouncy: :banana: :banana: :banana:

* :oops: but Melbourne is such a small place. I am still :notworth:*

8. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

WEPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I MUST DEFINITELY TAKE A TRIP DOWN UNDER :!:

9. Sabor

Sabor New Member

30 minutes ago.. i got a phone call.. she asked me if i was going to the coming salsa night.. i barely know her.. so i asked "why the question".. she said 'because she usually goes to watch me'.. :!: i was :shock: u mean for all this time that was mainly why?.. she said 'well. yes! .. i was even more :shock: :shock: .. mostly because i hardly know her :oops: .. :p

further more.. i got that kind of thing from another few salseras over the past couple of weeks ..that i know and regularly dance with.. but they never told me so directly!.. they told my friend and her told me.. :p .. wow.. that makes me feel gogogogogooooooooood!! :D .. gotta thank them all again .. thank you beautiful salseras!! i'm nada without you! :kissme:

10. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

Man, I can't wait til the day we can actually meet & salsa the nights away.....!
    :together: :together: :together: :together: :together: :together: :together:

11. Genesius Redux

You're definitely one of the tops in my book, SC. I've never had the pleasure of dancing with you, so don't ask me how I know. I just do.

12. Sakura

Sakura New Member

:D :D Check you *out* SC! Not only have you been put into the top 5% of the Salseras in your area; but you've got Genesius' vote of confidence as well! You can't *beat* that!!!!!

I dance for you! : :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I can't wait until I can *see* you guys dancing!
    (Maybe when you all have tired yourselves out, then I can sneak in a warmdown dance for you all! :oops: :shock: :roll: Somehow, I feel in this total awe; that even though I've never seen you guys, it should be my goal to even begin to *touch* the level you guys are at in your Salsa skills! :notworth: :notworth: :notworth: :notworth:

My hats off to you, Salseras and Salseros of DF (and other places!)! You guys make the Dancin' world go round! :D :D 8) )

(PS- To Sabor, congrats on your complement! Heh, heh; you'll have to tell us where you're hiding at so you can dance with us too!!! :wink: )

13. Sabor

Sabor New Member

Thanks sweetheart :p .. but hey i gotta warn u.. i'm 6'3 ft and quite ageing relative to u little one :wink:

LOL.. no not hiding at all.. just didnt come up b4.. unfortunately i'm quite far away from most i'm afraid.. i live in Cairo-Egypt .. homeland of the Pharoahs of old :D .. salsa has been going on here since 1998 or so.. nice place for a holday, especially on the Red Sea Coast (where i also go many times to meet alot of foreigners and tourists from all over and meet/dance with'em).. so, if any of u ever plan on swinging by .. give me a salsa holler! :D

14. Genesius Redux

Egypt--have you gotten your mummy and undead army problem under control yet? :wink:

Seriously, it would be so wicked cool to see the pyramids and the Sphinx and the Cairo Museum....

15. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

The Pryramids and the Sphinx are cool but, personally, I found the Temple of Luxor much more impressive.

16. Sakura

Sakura New Member

MOUUUUUUU!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: You're whole *foot* taller than I am with my shoes on!!!!! *faint* ... *grins* I suppose that just means that I must be *much* lighter on my toes to dance with you!

(*thinks* I wonder, how *everyone* seems to know that I'm tiny! *grins* Or at least, why "little one" seems to be such a common, affection-name for me! :D :wink: Not that I take offence or anything; it makes me feel cute! *grins as people groan* )

Ahh, you're so lucky! Living near the Pharaohs... :D My Nana went there many years ago; she brought me back some *very* nice things. My favorite of which happens to be my name inside of a cartouche; it's all in gold and silver! :shock: I was so surprised when she gave it to me! ('Cause I was only about 7, if not younger, I believe; and I'd never owned anything nicer!) I plan on going to Egypt *at least* once in my life, so I'll let you know when that comes about! :D :wink: I look forward to being able to salsa with you! (Hopefully, I won't trip you up though! :oops: :wink: Being tiny can do that to tall people... :x 8) )

17. Sakura

Sakura New Member

Ahhh! :x Genesius, you're *awful!* :wink: (And, hey! What's wrong with having an unstoppable undead army who'll follow your every command?! :twisted: )

I can't wait until I can go! (My friend Sarah told me just recently there there's actually a chamber under the Sphynx's paws! I hadn't known that before! :oops: I hope not many people did either, and then I won't feel so unintelligent! :D )

18. Genesius Redux

Holy cow! You're only 5' 3" with your shoes on??? :shock: How small are you in bare feet???? :lol:

Of course, you're not even 16 yet, so you probably have a little growing to do. Make sure you drink your milk--since you have such a "kitty" soul, I'm sure that won't be too much to ask.... :lol:

19. Sakura

Sakura New Member

Well... It's *almost* 5'3" with my shoes off, actually. With my shoes *on* I probably hit around 5'4" to 5' 4 1/2". Of course... If I'm wearing my Rocky Horror Picture Show boots, then *that's* another story! :twisted: (I *love* that movie! The Time Warp will rule forever among my favorite "dances!!" :wink: )

*purrs* Heh, heh. Choc'ate milk is the best! =^__^= ...But, alas, we believe that my growing days are over... I had a bad set of genes as far as the tallness department goes... But *everyone* seems to comment on the nice set of legs that I have... =o_O= Of course, then there's the church choir (keep in mind that all of them except for two are old enough to be my mother or grandmother; the other two are old enough to be my older, out of college, sisters), who all seem to comment on my butt! But I guess that's another story! :oops: :wink: (Heh, heh; the Sweedish genes are strong in me! That's all I've got to say. :twisted: )

20. Sabor

Sabor New Member

Thats great Sakura :D .. dont worry about the height cause i can adjust to anything : :lol: .. but first.. concentrate on getting older faster :wink:

Yes Genesius.. as far as monuments.. the pyramids, sphinx and museum are cool.. also as SD mentions the Temple of Luxor buit by Ramses II is really a site to behold especially that its straight on the bank of the Nile..

Also there are other stuff like taking a cruise up and down the Nile and see the ruins and country life on both sides of the Nile which runs all through Egypt top to bottom..

But personally my favorite is going to coast cities on the Red Sea.. (specially Sharm el Sheikh) its gorgeous beaches and lovely people.. the sea and desert excursions one can do.. diving in one of the best spots.. beach fun.. clubs ..restaurants.. tourists from all over the world (but mostly European) .. u name it its there.. thats where i'd go :wink:

so yeah.. it'd be great if i meet some of u guys over here.. get to mix some belly dancing w/ that salsa eh 8) :D