Salsa > Gee, you're good -> the art and science of compliments

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by brujo, Jan 6, 2004.

1. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I actually prefered the falukah* ride up the nile. I took one from Aswan for a couple of days, up past the temple of Kom Umbo I think, before taking a taxi the rest of the way to Luxor. Actually sailing along with the banks of the Nile passing by on either side was really quite memborable... especially at sunsets.

Aside from the Temple of Luxor the Valley of Kings and the Valley of Queens were also impressive...I just wish it hadn't been during a heat wave and that I hadn't had the laziest donkey on the face of the planet! :(

I only spent a couple of nights in Dahab, but the snorkelling in Blue Hole lived up to its reputation as world class. So utterly awesome... :!:

* A falukah is a traditional, broad-beamed sail boat.

2. Sakura

Sakura New Member

:oops: :twisted: :wink: Heh, heh. One wonders how to take a comment like that, but awful jokes aside, I shall do my best, mon capitan! =^_~= Unfortunately, I don't think Father Time is going to listen to me... But, high school is going fast, so I'll be out there soon!

Ooh, beaches! :D :D I'm soooo there! This Cat happens to *love* water and beaches with a firey passion... (Wait a second... Fire and Water don't mix well, do they?? :oops: :twisted: )

Heh heh.. Belly dancing and Salsa! I can't wait! :D :wink:

Sakura Kitty :kitty:

3. Sabor

Sabor New Member

man.. :shock: SD knows this place better than i do :wink: glad u enjoyed bro.. but yeah.. its definitely a better idea not to visit in the harsh summer months (June - September) because the heat is just incredible.. i sympathize SD :lol:

Sakura.. u are just too cute :D and u are gona grow up to be one major heart-breaker 8) ..i'm feeling sorry for the poor guys already :wink: :p

4. SDsalsaguy

LOL, I seriously doubt it bro... I just enjoyed my couple of weeks there way back when! :lol:

Why couldn't you have warned me about the summer thing back in the day though? :( Seriously it reached 150 degrees when I was in Luxor!!! :shock: ...and, while everyone else was riding their donkeys tot he Valleys of the Kings and Queens I was litterally having to pull mine along behind me...and over sand dunes! :shock: :evil:

Don't you know it! :wink:

5. Sabor

Sabor New Member

LMAO! at the donkey experience :lol: .. i bet he smelled like a fresh showered baby tho huh :shock: :lol: .. lol well there u go.. live and learn :wink: .. next time u go anywhere near the equator .. dont do it dead of SUMMER! :doh: .. unless there's a beach u can soak into :lol:

ahh the valley of the kings and queens .. hmm .. so did u manage to squeeze in a salsa with Cleopatra and Hatsepshut? 8) :lol:

6. SDsalsaguy

Truth be told all of this was still several years before I even discovered salsa... :shock: :oops:

7. Sakura

Sakura New Member

:twisted: :lol: :lol: :twisted: *LMAO*!!! Oh, you poor thing! *laughs* Bet the donkey was havning fun! :wink: I hope things go better for you when you get there next, SD; otherwise, we'll just have more stories to laugh with (read: at) you at!!! :twisted: :D (I'm so mean... I'm sorry! *hugs* But you know it's 'cause I love ya, right?! :roll: )

Phweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *flames coming off of the cheeks* You guys are just to much! :shock: :shock:

...Actually; apparently, I've broken about 3 hearts already; BUT I DIDN'T MEAN TOO!!!!!! Really! :shock:

See, all three of these guys were my friends, and they all asked me out; long stories for all three of them; but in the end, either by saying no, or "breaking up" ('cause we weren't technically "going out")... Well, the results are obvious. Two of them, I still eventually salvaged good friendships with, but another one, I haven't been "friends" with since... :evil: :cry:

It really makes me feel bad... But you DF guys will forgive me 'cause I'm so cute, right?! :D :wink:

8. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The real heartbreakers never do....

Sakura--you remind me of my first dance teacher in many, many ways. :lol:

9. Sakura

Sakura New Member

*grins* I was waiting for you to put your two bits in! :lol: Always there with a good quip, aren't you? :wink:

If you're being sarcastic about the real heartbreakers never meaning to, I'm going to be very angry with you; 'cause I *really* do feel *awful* about it! :? :cry: ...But, mostly it's okay now, so I try not to worry about it... :D (Actually, I get quite a kick out of the fact that the most recent one's mother now thinks that I'm a "hussie" among other things! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D )

Well, I can't wait to meet her! *taps her fingers together* I'm "gently" prodding my parents along to take a trip down to Nashville... I don't think I'm getting very far yet... :( :D Ah well, someday soon, my plans will be complete! :twisted: :wink:

10. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

Ah, to be 16! Caught in the grip of passions that shake like summer thunderstorms and as suddenly pass and open to the blue sky and the sound of birds.

11. Sakura

Sakura New Member

:shock: =o_O= Ha! As if, my "Actoire" friend! My one and only beloved is the Dance; my Lord and Master, and yet, my constant Companion and Equal! I have no "passions" with anyone else of which to speak! I'm quite happy being single and loving it! (Of course, there's Band too, and it's quite the demanding Master; but since this is DF and all! :roll: )

...I love thunderstorms! 'Specialy the lightning that comes with them! So much fun to watch, and yet to know how awesome and destructive something as beautiful as it is... :shock: Alas, I shouldst but stop myself know before I come to embrace the flowry writing style! :wink:

(PS- Thinking about it now, we also happen to have a robin's nest at about waist's heighth along the walkway by our house! She has two little baby birds; both of whom I haven't seen recently, thanks to her being on the nest all the time! But we're careful to give her a wide birth when we walk by her so that we don't scare her into abandoning her nest... In our front yard, we have a Morning Dove's nest, but since mum's said that they're *very* flighty, I've stayed away from it. It's also at about waist heighth... Hmm! It seems we're going to the birds this year! :wink: :D :lol: )

12. Sakura

Sakura New Member

Hmm... I was just thinking today; I acutally happen to sit by the boy whose heart I "broke" first in my Honors Chemistry class... :D Now there's some food for though! (And well, a few bad romance puns which could be made with the "Chemistry" aspect of it all... :roll: )

13. Pacion

Pacion New Member

And? Enquiring minds would like to know :wink:

14. Pacion

Pacion New Member

ooooh! There is something very wrong with THAT statement! It should read:

"it'd be great if I meet some of u guys over there" :twisted: :lol:

So, in other words my dearest Saborito, you travel to us and not the other way round :wink:

15. Sabor

Sabor New Member

ok .. so long as u take care of the expenses.. i'll go anywhere u want me to 8) :wink:

16. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

I'm not exalty sure how to take compliments anymore....the 'thank you' with a smile seems so inadequate especially when they go on and on...I mean I'm good but I aint THAT good! lol lol.

Two of the BIGGEST compliments for me though came when (1) my teacher introduced me to some of his potential investors in our latin club here in Jamaica, as one of his 'best female' dancers and (2) info came back to me that some people were discussing how they love to watch me on the floor because my steps seemed so smooth. I was like 'really??? wow! thanks!' :oops: :)

17. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

That's fantastci, jamaicanspice! I bet you ARE that good. Humility often hides people's greatness from them, but other people see it. And, unless they're trying to sell you something, they rarely go on and on, unless they mean it. 8)

18. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

well I hope they aint selling me anything!! :lol:

19. Sakura

Sakura New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Great one, JS!!!!

20. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

thanks Sakura...I thought so myself 8) :D :wink: