Country and Western > Getting started in C&W Competition

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by pygmalion, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Mega CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing wrong with Silvers . . . I remember lots of them!!!

First in your Division . . . is OK anyway you can get it! You'll get all the dances eventually, and then you'll know for sure how you do/did!

Also "congratulations" to your Gretchen and Susan . . .

Having a great time and fun is what it is all about!!! You don't need "gold" and plaques, muchless a judge, to tell you how you did.

2. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

I'm finally starting to realize this...I haven't even looked at my score sheet this time, but just using the video. I wish there was some way to do all of this without the "judging" but I realize that is the whole point of it for some people (the ones who win lol!) I am trying to keep in perspective that 5 1/2 years ago I started at "0" and I have come a long way, baby!

Competing with my husband has added a whole new dimension to my dancing. Gave me some confidence in myself. I was really surprised at how well we did, and glad that we've been able to work through, or at least confront, some "issues" along the way. I don't think it will ever be "perfect" but then what in life is?

3. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

You all did so well! I am so jealous! I saw all the trophies on the tables, which makes me want one lol! Actually, I want one of those jackets lol! I just can't afford to do that yet. Plus you know I've got a long ways to go before I get to that point lol, but it gives me something to look forward to anyways lol! You all are a bunch of inspirations for us upcoming dance stars lol! ;)

4. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

You were at "0", then you took a "1st" . . . 1 + O = "10" . . . you're a 10 SuzieQ . . .

My dancing shyrocketed once I learned I didn't need scores, a judge, or being perfect! I think you're there . . .

5. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Yes, I think so. Or at least getting close! In addition--I've spent a long time wishing I could dance like "someone else"--finally figured out I just need to dance like "me."

Thanks for your feedback and encouragement!

6. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Thanks, Susan! I hope someday you'll be able to come along with us and discover the fun! And those jackets are nice--Gretchen really likes hers. And I appreciate your kind words---I am adapting to the idea of being an inspiration to someone---
    See you soon!

7. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I'm hoping I'll get to go too. That's one goal that Andy and I are working on lol, but you know I have a long ways to go! But like what I was told, I can get ready for next year, and that would be about the time that I need to get good at all this dancing lol! And yes you are an inspiration, because I and many others love watching you dance... especially when you show off with the guys like you did tonight when all of us clapped at your performance lol! And who do you think you are anyways missy trying to show me up lol? ;)

8. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Me, show off? Which "performance" are you talking about? I did have a couple of great dances Friday night!

9. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Haha this sounded funny! "Which "performance" are you talking about?"

Yeah yeah! That's ok though, I'll get you next time lol. Although, I almost did get you with my fancy end of the routine kick lol. Oops! I didn't mean to. It was the leaders fault, not mine! I promise lol! (Hehe<evil laugh!) ;)