Tango Argentino > Videos > Girls lead girls

Discussion in 'Videos' started by bordertangoman, Jul 29, 2009.

1. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

2. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Ooooh, very nice!!!

3. bastet

bastet Active Member

4. Captain Jep

Captain Jep New Member

I'm in love! :cool:

Great stuff : pretty impressive with the girl leading in heels

5. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

rather than being led by them!

6. Lilly_of_the_valley

Lilly_of_the_valley Well-Known Member

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

isn't that wonderful!

amazing that they don't trip on each other's heels.

8. bastet

bastet Active Member

You're right! I wasn't looking over close. Silvina is a good leader. I've danced with her a couple of times as a follower.

9. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

10. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Oh, you lucky girl!

11. tangobro

tangobro Active Member

Silvina Valz' technique

Silvina Valz is a good leader and a great instructor. I've been to workshops with her and her dance partner Oliver Kolker. She has led me through moves so I would know better how to lead them (yes, I'm a guy that has learned how to follow in tango a little bit). She teaches some slight nuances of the lead that make a big difference in comfort for the woman.

Some of the comments on the YT clip mention how hard it is to lead in high heels. In her women's technique workshops I've overheard her stressing groundedness for the ladies - is that groundedness what allows her to lead despite the heels?

Since "groundedness" is such vague term - what I mean is that I was taught to be grounded when dancing milonga by keeping the knees slightly flexed, with the hips, shoulders & head over the balls of the feet, my center of gravity low, and the heels slightly raised.

BTW - to see Silvina following while dancing milonga compare her YT clips dancing with Oliver Kolker and with El Flaco Dani.