Dancers Anonymous > Giving Up Too Soon

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Nov 19, 2003.

1. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Giving Up Too Soon
    (Author Unknown)

A man meets a guru in the road. The man asks the guru, "Which way is success?"

The berobed, bearded sage speaks not but points to a place off in the distance.

The man, thrilled by the prospect of quick and easy success, rushes off in the appropriate direction. Suddently there comes a loaud "Splat!!!"

Eventually, the man limps back, tattered and stunned, assuming he must have misinterpreted the message. He repeats his question to the guru, who again points silently in the same direction.

The man obediently walks off once more. This time the splat is deafening, and when the man crawls back, he is bloody, broken, tattered, and irate. "I asked you 'which way is success',"he scream at the guru. "I followed the direction you indicated, and all I got was splatted! No more of this poniting! Talk!"

Only then does the guru speak, and what he says is simply this: "Success is that way. Just a little after the splat."

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Oh so true :notworth:

We need to see beyond the seeminly unsurmountable obstacle:

You just can't seem to execute moves effortlessly like the people on the dance floor. You learn a new move and it goes "splat". You try again having being told that that is the way and "splat". You do it again and this time everything goes beautifully and you are beyond the "splat" looking down the same smooth strip of unending highway that the advanced dancers flow down during the dance...

Just like dating...[you can find dates at dances...], just like the cliques that people suffer from...[ignore them and just treat a person as a person, and they reciprocate often enough to be worthwhile with some wonderful dances...]...

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Good one. I needed this today. 8) :D

4. SDsalsaguy

Sorry to hear it was needed but glad that it was there to help...

5. SDsalsaguy

A slightly different track, but also worth thinking about...

6. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

So sad that it took soo long :( However, it is good to know that often nature takes its course, and what was considered impossible is eventually done as it is part of the natural progression of things... :)